Insuffcient Graphics Capabilities

John Terdik

Question

I'm attempting to remove periods of silence (both audio and video) from some educational recordings. The class is a virtual class. The current recording method is able to export the recording as a WMV file. I want to eliminate any blank spots when the instructor is NOT talking. In a number of cases this is large time chunks. The current recorder will start before the actual scheduled start and run until the scheduled stop. We get large silent sections due to (1) class starting late (2) breaks during the class (3) students working on an exercise (4) lunch breaks (5) class ends early. Of course you also have the 2-30 second gaps that I like to remove but this may prove to be difficult.

Currently when I attempt to start the "Edit Video - Advance" option I get an error message stating there are insufficient graphics Capabilities. I have a "MSI NX85ooGT TD256E Graphic Card" graphic card and from what I understand I have DirectX 9.0 support and I have the latest drivers drivers for my card.

I'm running WinXP Pro 32bit with all the latest updates.

Any suggestions?

1 answer to this question