• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture V. Using Video-ts And The Vob's

CoachE

Question

5 answers to this question

I am trying to pull clips off of a basketball game to show to my players what an opposing basketball team is trying to do. I have done this all season and it has worked but tonight I am tring to use the VOB's from 2 different DVD's and I cannot get what I need. Nothing even is usable yet I can use the same VOB's and play the film on the cineplayer

It is most likely a VR disc that hasn't been Closed or Finalized. They just don't behave properly, usually only giving you a piece of the clip.

There are only 2 ways to go with this.

1. Close or Finalize the disc in the same type of camcorder.

2. Play the disc and capture it with another device.

For Plan B you need a capture device and unless you cut to the scenes of interest the capture will be 1:1 timewise…

I don't have one of these type camcorders but it is remotely possible that if it is a VR disc, MyDVD may be able to import it as a VR project. (File – Edit DVD Disc) – I would expect this to have a very spotty success rate given the lack of VR standards…

Doesn't your school have an AV department? I would suspect that there are some 'geeks' there that would be in awe if the football coach ask them to help the team…