• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How to copy mini-DVD's to a single DVD

sneubert1

Question

Hello:

I am new to Roxio and DVD burning and am still having problems copying 3 mini-DVD's to a single DVD. Is there any easy way to do this?

My system is: Compaq P4, 1 GIG RAM, 120 GIG HD, DVD player (came with system) & a Sony DVD double layer DVD rewritable.

The mini DVD's are finalized and came from my camcorder. Each one is 20 mins. long.

Here's what I want to do:

Copy each mini DVD to a single DVD. I have tried disc copier and it'll work for the first one, but it closes (finalizes) the DVD and I can no longer record to it.

Is there an easy way to do this? Is it possible to record one mini DVD to a DVD, followed by the other two, then close (finalize) the session?

Thank you very much,

Lisa

4 answers to this question

Thank you so much Bruce - it worked. The only problem I noticed was that on one DVD, the audio was off a little, like those old Japanese movies that I used to see as a girl. I don't know much about MY DVD and VIDEOWAVE, so I'll have to familiarize myself with that.

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it.

Lisa

You are welcome. You could try burning that production to and ISO file, in MyDVD, instead of directly to disc. You then use Disc Copier to burn it to a DVD. Sometimes that works. Give it a shot, and let us know.

Hello:

I am new to Roxio and DVD burning and am still having problems copying 3 mini-DVD's to a single DVD. Is there any easy way to do this?

My system is: Compaq P4, 1 GIG RAM, 120 GIG HD, DVD player (came with system) & a Sony DVD double layer DVD rewritable.

The mini DVD's are finalized and came from my camcorder. Each one is 20 mins. long.

Here's what I want to do:

Copy each mini DVD to a single DVD. I have tried disc copier and it'll work for the first one, but it closes (finalizes) the DVD and I can no longer record to it.

Is there an easy way to do this? Is it possible to record one mini DVD to a DVD, followed by the other two, then close (finalize) the session?

Thank you very much,

Lisa

Yup, it is easy, if EMC 8 is working right. I use version 7.5, but the capture should be the same in version 8.

Put that mini DVD in your drive. Open up Media Import which is the dummy name for Capture. The mini DVD should show up in the window, you click on it, and capture the movie to your hard drive as an mpeg2 movie. You will have no other options.

Do the same thing for all 3 mini DVD's. You can then take all 3 of the mpeg2's and drag them into VideoWave, for editing. Once you are done, take them MyDVD for authoring and burning.

Okay, that was the short version of the instructions, but it should suffice for you to attain your desired end result.

Yup, it is easy, if EMC 8 is working right. I use version 7.5, but the capture should be the same in version 8.

Put that mini DVD in your drive. Open up Media Import which is the dummy name for Capture. The mini DVD should show up in the window, you click on it, and capture the movie to your hard drive as an mpeg2 movie. You will have no other options.

Do the same thing for all 3 mini DVD's. You can then take all 3 of the mpeg2's and drag them into VideoWave, for editing. Once you are done, take them MyDVD for authoring and burning.

Okay, that was the short version of the instructions, but it should suffice for you to attain your desired end result.

Bruce:

Thank you very much for answering me - I think it's the second time. Last time, for some reason, my computer hung up and crashed. I am going to follow your instructions and as I get more into this, it seems to make more sense. Thanks for being so patient, Lisa

Bruce:

Thank you very much for answering me - I think it's the second time. Last time, for some reason, my computer hung up and crashed. I am going to follow your instructions and as I get more into this, it seems to make more sense. Thanks for being so patient, Lisa

Thank you so much Bruce - it worked. The only problem I noticed was that on one DVD, the audio was off a little, like those old Japanese movies that I used to see as a girl. I don't know much about MY DVD and VIDEOWAVE, so I'll have to familiarize myself with that.

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it.

Lisa

Archived