• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

When Burning Project Mydvd Stops

stevirt

Question

Hello,

Love the new program, but having some problems with burning a high quality DVD. When I render with hardware the project burns fine but there are some really nasty artifacts (only a glitch at the start of the menu and then one at the start of the video but they are really ugly ones, distorting the entire screen.) When I try to render with software instead it gets to 5% done quickly but will go no further. Doesn't seem to be locked up (I can hit the cancel button and it takes me back ok) but don't know what's up. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

6 answers to this question

Hello,

Love the new program, but having some problems with burning a high quality DVD. When I render with hardware the project burns fine but there are some really nasty artifacts (only a glitch at the start of the menu and then one at the start of the video but they are really ugly ones, distorting the entire screen.) When I try to render with software instead it gets to 5% done quickly but will go no further. Doesn't seem to be locked up (I can hit the cancel button and it takes me back ok) but don't know what's up. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Try burning to an image (iso) file first (uncheck burn to disc, check "image" file) and then use Video Copy & convert to burn the iso file to DVD.

Try burning to an image (iso) file first (uncheck burn to disc, check "image" file) and then use Video Copy & convert to burn the iso file to DVD.

Thanks for the quick respnse. I've tried that too but with the same problem. I have messed with all of the settings and the only thing that makes a difference is the hardware/software buttons. Hardware will encode but the software stops at 5% every time.

Thanks for the quick respnse. I've tried that too but with the same problem. I have messed with all of the settings and the only thing that makes a difference is the hardware/software buttons. Hardware will encode but the software stops at 5% every time.

List your system specs, especially video card. Are your drivers and DirectX updated to the latest version.

Another think you could try is to "output" you video to a mpeg file. If it hangs there you know that there is something wrong with the project and its not burning related.

Do you have any transition/effects in your project?

Smart man Mr. Guru. Thanks for the help. I went back to my video wave file and for some reason it did not like my animation I had inserted in the project. Froze the program every time I tried to play it. So I redid the animation, redid the videowave file, and then tried to export as an mpg. Well when I went to play the mpeg file it gave me the good old blue crash screen. But after that I tried MyDVD again used the new video wave file and it worked to perfection. I think the program has a few kinks in it (but for what it can do for how much it costs is still great.) I guess everybody having a different hardware setup can really complicate things and everybody needs to find a way to make the program work for them and their purposes. Thanks again for the direction.

Smart man Mr. Guru. Thanks for the help. I went back to my video wave file and for some reason it did not like my animation I had inserted in the project. Froze the program every time I tried to play it. So I redid the animation, redid the videowave file, and then tried to export as an mpg. Well when I went to play the mpeg file it gave me the good old blue crash screen. But after that I tried MyDVD again used the new video wave file and it worked to perfection. I think the program has a few kinks in it (but for what it can do for how much it costs is still great.) I guess everybody having a different hardware setup can really complicate things and everybody needs to find a way to make the program work for them and their purposes. Thanks again for the direction.

Glad you found your problem and its now working for you. The program is not perfect but most problems are user related: hardware used/setup, source files, other applications interfering, etc.