• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

copying CSS encrypted DVD - our own?

brian_houle

Question

Hi,

We produced a training video for a local multi-intl corporation and had an initial run of 1500.

The client needs another 50 or 60 copies, which we deemed is more cost effective to burn in house as the dup facility is quoting an outrageous price for such a low run. We have 5 macs at our disposal so we figure it's 1 day of burning.

The dvd contains the regular audio/video ts folders, as well as accessible PDFs and word docs.

i tried toast 7, which we use for smaller runs, but it's not letting me due to the encryption.

I could use mac the ripper and then use popcorn to compress the disc, but it's only recognizing the video folders and not the other equally important files.

can i use MAC OS's disc utility to create an img file of it and then burn that using toast? (or, I guess, the finder?)

important point: i need to compress the files/dvd as well. it's currently 4.64 GBs and we don't have dual burners so we need it to fit on a 4.7. my understanding is that the 4.7 really only has a limit of 4.4 GBs.

Cheers,

Brian

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived