• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Why is my DVD "WRITE PROTECTED" after burned on Toast 7 ?

joerayskrha

Question

Hi Folks,

I shot my own video and captured it on I MOVIE HD. I did 48 different I DVD dics's and saved them on my hard drive after I burned a master copy on my G4 Power Book. Now I went to TOAST 7.0 in the DATA section, I located the saved I DVD FILE and proceeded to burn a copy. It burned ok but when I went to play the new disc, I had 3.16 GB of Data but I got this error mesage. "An error occurred while loading the project. This project seems to be write-protected and can't be opened." I burned the dvd using Mac & PC as well as DVD-ROM UDF. Same error message. How can I get my own files to be NOT WRITE PROTECTED ??? HELP !!! Peace, Joe Ray Skrha at: joeray@alaska.net

1 answer to this question

Hi Folks,

I shot my own video and captured it on I MOVIE HD. I did 48 different I DVD dics's and saved them on my hard drive after I burned a master copy on my G4 Power Book. Now I went to TOAST 7.0 in the DATA section, I located the saved I DVD FILE and proceeded to burn a copy. It burned ok but when I went to play the new disc, I had 3.16 GB of Data but I got this error mesage. "An error occurred while loading the project. This project seems to be write-protected and can't be opened." I burned the dvd using Mac & PC as well as DVD-ROM UDF. Same error message. How can I get my own files to be NOT WRITE PROTECTED ??? HELP !!! Peace, Joe Ray Skrha at: joeray@alaska.net

I think you will find that as you have saved it as an iDVD file you will have to copy it onto your computer and then open it from there as you can't update a file on a DVD.

Archived