• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Texarado

Spin Doctor Problems With Leopard 10.5.6

Question

After installing Apple's Leopard 10.5.6, Spin Doctor's wave form no longer appears. The problem occurs with new imports of AIFF files and when opening previous files. Tracks cannot be defined manually or automatically. (Toast 9.04.)

After installing Apple's Leopard 10.5.6, Spin Doctor's wave form no longer appears. The problem occurs with new imports of AIFF files and when opening previous files. Tracks cannot be defined manually or automatically. (Toast 9.04.)

The waveform on mine is missing except from an periodic spike. I can play the audio and can make manual track markers. Of course, without seeing the waveform I have no clue where to place a marker.

Edited by tsantee

The waveform on mine is missing except from an periodic spike. I can play the audio and can make manual track markers. Of course, without seeing the waveform I have no clue where to place a marker.

I am having the same problem as well. Sounds like there needs to be an update on CD Spin Doctor.

I am having the same problem as well. Sounds like there needs to be an update on CD Spin Doctor.

Yes, we are all waiting. :angry:

I ran the 10.5.6 update last night and I have the same problem. CDSpinDoctor 5 doesn't work. CDSpinDoctor 4 doesn't work. I tried uninstalling Toast 9 and reinstalling Toast 8. Toast 8 won't even run anymore. CDSpinDoctor 4 says it needs an installed version of Toast 8 or higher to start, and it closes. Toast 9 won't reinstall now, and I have no SpinDoctor or Toast at all.

Thanks Apple. I've got about 1400 aiff files that I still need to clean up, and it looks like I'll have to go back to Tiger to get them done.

Not happy with the folks in Cupertino. Since September, I've had a Superdrive, OEM hard drive, and G5 processor go out on me, and now my G4 looks like it will no longer run Toast in Leopard after a 1.1 gigabyte update has crashed all of my music editing and burning capabilities.

Just wanted to report something else I noticed with Spin Doctor... Looks like when you click "the Play Input through Speakers" doesn't work. I can't control the volume. Hope an update come soon.

Well I looked at other programs, Sound Studio, but its definitely more complicated than CD Spin Doctor. I can use Spin Doctor but no Wave Form. Makes it more difficult to separate the tracks....Any word on an update?

Just downloaded Toast 9 and upgraded to 9.0.4. CD Spin Doctor 5.0.3.640t OS 10.5.5 Spin Doctor worked fine, no wave-less problems. I think I will hold off upgrading the OS to 10.5.6 until after the Christmas Break, so I can backup some of my LP and cassettes or hear there is a fix in place. Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Toast 8 and SpinDoctor worked fine for me under OS 10.5.6

I just "upgraded" to Toast 9 and the new spin doctor doesn't show waveforms for me either.

Any idea when roxio will fix the problem?

Tom

Hmmm... good thing I didn't update to 10.5.6 yet. I had this problem with my father's mac up in portugal, and couldn't figure out what was the cause. Now I know. This is pretty darned annoying if you ask me. Guess I'll just skip 10.5.6...

:angry:

Add me to the list of those unhappy people whose CD Spin Doctor's waveforms are missing or corrupt under OS 10.5.6.

ChuckW

I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.6 on a late 2007 24" iMac.

CD Spin Doctor 5.0.3.640t has become crippled. Instead of generating a typical waveform with constantly varying intensities vs. time, the waveform it now produces is a series of off-scale spikes interspersed with zero-intensity spaces.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Has Roxio issued a fix?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.6 on a late 2007 24" iMac.

CD Spin Doctor 5.0.3.640t has become crippled. Instead of generating a typical waveform with constantly varying intensities vs. time, the waveform it now produces is a series of off-scale spikes interspersed with zero-intensity spaces.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Has Roxio issued a fix?

At this point you either need to use Spin Doctor in 10.5.5 or you might try what I recommend Here.

I have to add my name to the increasingly long list of users having problems with SpinDoctor 5.0.3.640t and OS 10.5.6. Unlike some other people, I cannot get either FinalVinyl (2.5.1 or 2.2.1) or SpinDoctor 4.0.0.169t to work with OS 10.5.6. I get a wave form in both, but they either crash (SpinDoctor) or make dreadful noises (both versions of FinalVinyl). I gather from other threads that Toast 9.0.4 is also having problems with OS 10.5.6. WHERE ARE YOU ROXIO?!?!?!?

Toast 10 has been released. If anybody gets it please tell us if CD Spin Doctor now works with OS X 10.5.6. No use in considering it until everything works with the current version of OS X.

Toast 10 has been released. If anybody gets it please tell us if CD Spin Doctor now works with OS X 10.5.6. No use in considering it until everything works with the current version of OS X.

CONFIRMED!!!!! I installed Toast 10 this morning, and I ran a dozen aiff's through CDSpinDoctor 6. It works like a charm!

I wish there had been a cheaper solution, but this took care of it.

CONFIRMED!!!!! I installed Toast 10 this morning, and I ran a dozen aiff's through CDSpinDoctor 6. It works like a charm!

I wish there had been a cheaper solution, but this took care of it.

So, Digital Guru, any speculation as to when we might see an update for Toast 9 users? All we want is an OS X10.5.6 compatible CD Spin Doctor.

So, Digital Guru, any speculation as to when we might see an update for Toast 9 users? All we want is an OS X10.5.6 compatible CD Spin Doctor.

I wish I knew but they don't share their plans with me (I was surprised by Toast 10). The release of Toast 10 does explain why they weren't working very hard (if at all) on the patches to Toast 8, Popcorn 3 and Spin Doctor 5 that all broke in some way either with the new series of Mac laptops or the updates to 10.5.6.

I certainly hope Roxio has plans for fixes to some earlier versions. Maybe someone from Roxio can release this info.

I wish I knew but they don't share their plans with me (I was surprised by Toast 10). The release of Toast 10 does explain why they weren't working very hard (if at all) on the patches to Toast 8, Popcorn 3 and Spin Doctor 5 that all broke in some way either with the new series of Mac laptops or the updates to 10.5.6.

I certainly hope Roxio has plans for fixes to some earlier versions. Maybe someone from Roxio can release this info.

We're testing the fix now for CDSD 5 and hope to release it shortly. (along with Toast 8 and Popcorn 3 updates for the Aluminum Macbooks)

We're testing the fix now for CDSD 5 and hope to release it shortly. (along with Toast 8 and Popcorn 3 updates for the Aluminum Macbooks)

Thank you very much. That's all we needed to hear. Toast and it's companion applications make up a very good suite.

Great. Less than a month after purchasing Toast 9, I have to pay full upgrade price for Toast 10 for full functionality.

Very disappointing.

Great. Less than a month after purchasing Toast 9, I have to pay full upgrade price for Toast 10 for full functionality.

Very disappointing.

I don't agree with your conclusion. Roxio is fixing CDSD 5 to work with 10.5.6 and will release an update that doesn't require you to buy anything.