• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Spin Doctor Problems With Leopard 10.5.6

Texarado

Question

I have to add my name to the increasingly long list of users having problems with SpinDoctor 5.0.3.640t and OS 10.5.6. Unlike some other people, I cannot get either FinalVinyl (2.5.1 or 2.2.1) or SpinDoctor 4.0.0.169t to work with OS 10.5.6. I get a wave form in both, but they either crash (SpinDoctor) or make dreadful noises (both versions of FinalVinyl). I gather from other threads that Toast 9.0.4 is also having problems with OS 10.5.6. WHERE ARE YOU ROXIO?!?!?!?

An update to CD Spin Doctor is now available. Looks good, haven't really tried it, but the wave form is up...

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/software_updates.html

Downloaded and installed. All seems to be well. I tried a bunch files previously recorded w/CDSD. All played and waveform was generated.

Thanks for the update Roxio. This will clear the way for my eventual upgrade to Toast 10.

I wish I knew but they don't share their plans with me (I was surprised by Toast 10). The release of Toast 10 does explain why they weren't working very hard (if at all) on the patches to Toast 8, Popcorn 3 and Spin Doctor 5 that all broke in some way either with the new series of Mac laptops or the updates to 10.5.6.

I certainly hope Roxio has plans for fixes to some earlier versions. Maybe someone from Roxio can release this info.

We're testing the fix now for CDSD 5 and hope to release it shortly. (along with Toast 8 and Popcorn 3 updates for the Aluminum Macbooks)

The update still DOES NOT work. I have the same problems. Nothing has really changed for me.

1.) Capture Support does not show up under Sound/Input in System Prefs.

2.) It did show up under Output, but disappeared after I attempted to "Install Audio Capture Support" a 2nd time.

3.) CDSD did show up under "Input Devices" in CDSD but would not let me click OK to accept. Also disappeared after 2nd attempt to "Install Audio Capture Support"

a. I have the newest version of MAC Pro with 10.5.6.

b. I have Toast 9 Version 9.04 installed.

c. I have CDSD version 5.0.4706t

I would expect that I will not be the only one (again).

I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.6 on a late 2007 24" iMac.

CD Spin Doctor 5.0.3.640t has become crippled. Instead of generating a typical waveform with constantly varying intensities vs. time, the waveform it now produces is a series of off-scale spikes interspersed with zero-intensity spaces.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Has Roxio issued a fix?

I got a note back from Roxio and this is what they say.... but it doesnt solve my problem.... <_<

The problem of the lack of waveform in OS 10.5.6 will not be solved without an update to CD Spin Doctor which Roxio has promised.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.6 on a late 2007 24" iMac.

CD Spin Doctor 5.0.3.640t has become crippled. Instead of generating a typical waveform with constantly varying intensities vs. time, the waveform it now produces is a series of off-scale spikes interspersed with zero-intensity spaces.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Has Roxio issued a fix?

At this point you either need to use Spin Doctor in 10.5.5 or you might try what I recommend Here.

Spare us the spam and theatrics will you. Now go away and never return, troll.

(under my new username)

You are cordially invited to go *^&#036;&#036; up a rope and slide down it.

Roxio has done what they think is right to fix an Apple problem, and since Apple screwed up two other components I needed to work through cleaning up files, and they refuse to admit the update did it, I'm through using my Mac for editing music.

It was always a complicated process anyway, since SpinDoctor only works with aiff files, and meant i ahd to do two additional conversions to save my cleaned up music as mp3. I no longer have that problem with SoundBooth. I can open my mp3s, edit them, clean them up and save them as mp3s.

I prefer Mac to Windows, but this latest turn of events has instilled doubts in my preference. Since Adobe CS4 won't run on my mini with a G4 and only a gig of RAM, I have no choice but to run it on Windows, and take my music editing there.

What really ticks me off about this is that Apple refuses to even acknowledge that 10.5.6 SCREWED UP a lot of software.

My QuickTime acts up now. There are some files it will save, and others it won't. I have to run them through iTunes and work from the copy.

I use SoundConverter to go from .mp3 to .aiff and back. Ever since the update to 10.5.6, it adds a loud pop and two seconds of silence to the end of every track I convert from .aiff to .mp3, so I have to run them through QuickTime (which may or may not save them) and delete the pop and dead air, then save them as a .mov. Then it won't convert the .mov to .mp3 half the time, so I have to add the .mov to iTunes and convert it there.

I still have some 6500 songs that I need to clean up before I make the master backup of my music/video/audiobook library, and Apple has made it a real pain in the arse with this update. I've read hundreds of people in their support community who have had issues with everything from games to iTunes, to OEM burners that no longer work since 10.5.6, and Apple has offered no response at all. No acknowledgment, no denial, nothing.

At least Roxio is working on a fix.

Funny, I'm not experiencing any of the problems with OS 10.5.6 you describe. I wonder why that is? Well it ain't luck, I can tell you that. Also funny how the Toast 10 version of CD Spin Doctor works with OS X 10.5.6. If it was a bug in 10.5.6 Toast 10 wouldn't work either would it. Roxio fixed the problem. Now we just have to wait until the fix for Toast 9 comes out.

I finally got a solution for this, but it didn't come from Roxio or Apple. Thanks to Adobe, and Soundbooth, I can clean up all of my remaining "cassette rips". I'd never worked with Soundbooth before January, but it's great! I can eliminate the hiss, and dead air from the mp3s and selectively delete pops and other anomalies and save directly to mp3. I've eliminated three steps from the process.

I'll still use Toast for CD burning on my Mac, but I've moved my editing to the PC and Soundbooth.

CONFIRMED!!!!! I installed Toast 10 this morning, and I ran a dozen aiff's through CDSpinDoctor 6. It works like a charm!

I wish there had been a cheaper solution, but this took care of it.

So, Digital Guru, any speculation as to when we might see an update for Toast 9 users? All we want is an OS X10.5.6 compatible CD Spin Doctor.

After installing Apple's Leopard 10.5.6, Spin Doctor's wave form no longer appears. The problem occurs with new imports of AIFF files and when opening previous files. Tracks cannot be defined manually or automatically. (Toast 9.04.)

The waveform on mine is missing except from an periodic spike. I can play the audio and can make manual track markers. Of course, without seeing the waveform I have no clue where to place a marker.

I finally got a solution for this, but it didn't come from Roxio or Apple. Thanks to Adobe, and Soundbooth, I can clean up all of my remaining "cassette rips". I'd never worked with Soundbooth before January, but it's great! I can eliminate the hiss, and dead air from the mp3s and selectively delete pops and other anomalies and save directly to mp3. I've eliminated three steps from the process.

I'll still use Toast for CD burning on my Mac, but I've moved my editing to the PC and Soundbooth.

Spare us the spam and theatrics will you. Now go away and never return, troll.

Downloaded and installed. All seems to be well. I tried a bunch files previously recorded w/CDSD. All played and waveform was generated.

Thanks for the update Roxio. This will clear the way for my eventual upgrade to Toast 10.

Ok, I have been using the new CDSD update for a week now and can report it works as advertised on my Intel iMac running OS X 10.5.6. I recorded a vinyl album, auto-defined tracks, filtered it, sent it to iTunes (and on to the AppleTV) without issues. The waveforms are generated properly. The audio capture option shows up in my input menu. It works.

I ran the 10.5.6 update last night and I have the same problem. CDSpinDoctor 5 doesn't work. CDSpinDoctor 4 doesn't work. I tried uninstalling Toast 9 and reinstalling Toast 8. Toast 8 won't even run anymore. CDSpinDoctor 4 says it needs an installed version of Toast 8 or higher to start, and it closes. Toast 9 won't reinstall now, and I have no SpinDoctor or Toast at all.

Thanks Apple. I've got about 1400 aiff files that I still need to clean up, and it looks like I'll have to go back to Tiger to get them done.

Not happy with the folks in Cupertino. Since September, I've had a Superdrive, OEM hard drive, and G5 processor go out on me, and now my G4 looks like it will no longer run Toast in Leopard after a 1.1 gigabyte update has crashed all of my music editing and burning capabilities.

Just downloaded Toast 9 and upgraded to 9.0.4. CD Spin Doctor 5.0.3.640t OS 10.5.5 Spin Doctor worked fine, no wave-less problems. I think I will hold off upgrading the OS to 10.5.6 until after the Christmas Break, so I can backup some of my LP and cassettes or hear there is a fix in place. Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Archived