• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Texarado

Spin Doctor Problems With Leopard 10.5.6

Question

After installing Apple's Leopard 10.5.6, Spin Doctor's wave form no longer appears. The problem occurs with new imports of AIFF files and when opening previous files. Tracks cannot be defined manually or automatically. (Toast 9.04.)

Downloaded and installed Toast 10 with Spin Doctor on Mac with 10.5.6. Spin Doctor appeared to record and created a wave form. When attempted to Filter, the resulting waveform ended with a freeze. Attempted on complete LP and on a single track, all ending in freeze.

Attempted to go back to spin doctor 3, that was part of Toast 7, that had worked extremely well before the installation of Toast 10 on the same system. Now it won't work at all.

Any suggestions to getting either one working.

tuckerdr

I got a note back from Roxio and this is what they say.... but it doesnt solve my problem.... <_<

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

After recording your audio Save A Copy from the File menu, and then open that Copy.

Thanks for contacting Roxio Customer Care. Let us know if you need further assistance on this issue by clicking the Update button.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support

Have you tried our online self-service tools? For instant support, please try one of the tools below:

Discussion Groups - http://forums.support.roxio.com

Knowledgebase - http://search.roxio.com

We are always looking for ways to improve so please click on the link below to complete our online support survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gogk...2fyt0p0pg_3d_3d

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate the feedback

I got a note back from Roxio and this is what they say.... but it doesnt solve my problem.... <_<

The problem of the lack of waveform in OS 10.5.6 will not be solved without an update to CD Spin Doctor which Roxio has promised.

The problem of the lack of waveform in OS 10.5.6 will not be solved without an update to CD Spin Doctor which Roxio has promised.

What really ticks me off about this is that Apple refuses to even acknowledge that 10.5.6 SCREWED UP a lot of software.

My QuickTime acts up now. There are some files it will save, and others it won't. I have to run them through iTunes and work from the copy.

I use SoundConverter to go from .mp3 to .aiff and back. Ever since the update to 10.5.6, it adds a loud pop and two seconds of silence to the end of every track I convert from .aiff to .mp3, so I have to run them through QuickTime (which may or may not save them) and delete the pop and dead air, then save them as a .mov. Then it won't convert the .mov to .mp3 half the time, so I have to add the .mov to iTunes and convert it there.

I still have some 6500 songs that I need to clean up before I make the master backup of my music/video/audiobook library, and Apple has made it a real pain in the arse with this update. I've read hundreds of people in their support community who have had issues with everything from games to iTunes, to OEM burners that no longer work since 10.5.6, and Apple has offered no response at all. No acknowledgment, no denial, nothing.

At least Roxio is working on a fix.

Edited by CowboyonamacInAZ

What really ticks me off about this is that Apple refuses to even acknowledge that 10.5.6 SCREWED UP a lot of software.

My QuickTime acts up now. There are some files it will save, and others it won't. I have to run them through iTunes and work from the copy.

I use SoundConverter to go from .mp3 to .aiff and back. Ever since the update to 10.5.6, it adds a loud pop and two seconds of silence to the end of every track I convert from .aiff to .mp3, so I have to run them through QuickTime (which may or may not save them) and delete the pop and dead air, then save them as a .mov. Then it won't convert the .mov to .mp3 half the time, so I have to add the .mov to iTunes and convert it there.

I still have some 6500 songs that I need to clean up before I make the master backup of my music/video/audiobook library, and Apple has made it a real pain in the arse with this update. I've read hundreds of people in their support community who have had issues with everything from games to iTunes, to OEM burners that no longer work since 10.5.6, and Apple has offered no response at all. No acknowledgment, no denial, nothing.

At least Roxio is working on a fix.

Funny, I'm not experiencing any of the problems with OS 10.5.6 you describe. I wonder why that is? Well it ain't luck, I can tell you that. Also funny how the Toast 10 version of CD Spin Doctor works with OS X 10.5.6. If it was a bug in 10.5.6 Toast 10 wouldn't work either would it. Roxio fixed the problem. Now we just have to wait until the fix for Toast 9 comes out.

An update to CD Spin Doctor is now available. Looks good, haven't really tried it, but the wave form is up...

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/software_updates.html

Downloaded and installed. All seems to be well. I tried a bunch files previously recorded w/CDSD. All played and waveform was generated.

Thanks for the update Roxio. This will clear the way for my eventual upgrade to Toast 10.

The update still DOES NOT work. I have the same problems. Nothing has really changed for me.

1.) Capture Support does not show up under Sound/Input in System Prefs.

2.) It did show up under Output, but disappeared after I attempted to "Install Audio Capture Support" a 2nd time.

3.) CDSD did show up under "Input Devices" in CDSD but would not let me click OK to accept. Also disappeared after 2nd attempt to "Install Audio Capture Support"

a. I have the newest version of MAC Pro with 10.5.6.

b. I have Toast 9 Version 9.04 installed.

c. I have CDSD version 5.0.4706t

I would expect that I will not be the only one (again).

Edited by sonpit

Downloaded and installed. All seems to be well. I tried a bunch files previously recorded w/CDSD. All played and waveform was generated.

Thanks for the update Roxio. This will clear the way for my eventual upgrade to Toast 10.

Ok, I have been using the new CDSD update for a week now and can report it works as advertised on my Intel iMac running OS X 10.5.6. I recorded a vinyl album, auto-defined tracks, filtered it, sent it to iTunes (and on to the AppleTV) without issues. The waveforms are generated properly. The audio capture option shows up in my input menu. It works.

I finally got a solution for this, but it didn't come from Roxio or Apple. Thanks to Adobe, and Soundbooth, I can clean up all of my remaining "cassette rips". I'd never worked with Soundbooth before January, but it's great! I can eliminate the hiss, and dead air from the mp3s and selectively delete pops and other anomalies and save directly to mp3. I've eliminated three steps from the process.

I'll still use Toast for CD burning on my Mac, but I've moved my editing to the PC and Soundbooth.

I am having the same problem With Spin Doctor. A flat wave form with an occasional spike.

Any Fixes yet?

The should have been fixed with the Spin Doctor 5.0.4 update available here.

I finally got a solution for this, but it didn't come from Roxio or Apple. Thanks to Adobe, and Soundbooth, I can clean up all of my remaining "cassette rips". I'd never worked with Soundbooth before January, but it's great! I can eliminate the hiss, and dead air from the mp3s and selectively delete pops and other anomalies and save directly to mp3. I've eliminated three steps from the process.

I'll still use Toast for CD burning on my Mac, but I've moved my editing to the PC and Soundbooth.

Spare us the spam and theatrics will you. Now go away and never return, troll.

Spare us the spam and theatrics will you. Now go away and never return, troll.

(under my new username)

You are cordially invited to go *^&#036;&#036; up a rope and slide down it.

Roxio has done what they think is right to fix an Apple problem, and since Apple screwed up two other components I needed to work through cleaning up files, and they refuse to admit the update did it, I'm through using my Mac for editing music.

It was always a complicated process anyway, since SpinDoctor only works with aiff files, and meant i ahd to do two additional conversions to save my cleaned up music as mp3. I no longer have that problem with SoundBooth. I can open my mp3s, edit them, clean them up and save them as mp3s.

I prefer Mac to Windows, but this latest turn of events has instilled doubts in my preference. Since Adobe CS4 won't run on my mini with a G4 and only a gig of RAM, I have no choice but to run it on Windows, and take my music editing there.