• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

background music

rmartin8

Question

8 answers to this question

Click on "Plug & Burn" and that gets you to the same screen that DVD Builder brings up. On the left side of the screen click on "THEME", then click on the "ADVANCED" button. Under BACKGROUND, and on the AUDIO line set to NONE. Then on the DURATION line set to 0. Click on O.K. and that should do it. Let me know if that works.

Frank....

Thanks very much for your reply.

I can't get it to work. After clicking on plug&play, the capture screen appears and the dvd menu, changing theme, etc. can't be accessed. Even if I first use the DVD builder, change the theme, and then click on P&P, the same lousy background music ("generic") is used. The only thing that does work so far, is to use re-writable disks, and change the menu theme AFTER the clip has been captured, closed, the screen "x'd" out and the disk updated. With a non-rewritable disk, the capture can't be closed without finalizing the disk, which then just uses the lousy-generic background music.

Sorry for the long post. If there is anway to do this, I would very much appreciate knowing how.

Thanks very much for your reply.

I can't get it to work. After clicking on plug&play, the capture screen appears and the dvd menu, changing theme, etc. can't be accessed. Even if I first use the DVD builder, change the theme, and then click on P&P, the same lousy background music ("generic") is used. The only thing that does work so far, is to use re-writable disks, and change the menu theme AFTER the clip has been captured, closed, the screen "x'd" out and the disk updated. With a non-rewritable disk, the capture can't be closed without finalizing the disk, which then just uses the lousy-generic background music.

Sorry for the long post. If there is anway to do this, I would very much appreciate knowing how.

I wonder: is there anyway of changing the default background music from generic to something else, say in setup, etc?

I have to wonder...

Wouldn't you be able to find the offending audio files on your hard drive? Remove them and replace them with your audio files, giving them the same names as the "offenders" first. When P&P looks for the audio, it'll find your new music.

I have to wonder...

Wouldn't you be able to find the offending audio files on your hard drive? Remove them and replace them with your audio files, giving them the same names as the "offenders" first. When P&P looks for the audio, it'll find your new music.

This is a brilliantly simple solution that works like a charm. After hours of frustated, tunnel vision, almost ready to dump this program....voila!!!

Thank you very much.

I'm still wondering what you would do if you don't want any background music to play when the DVD starts. The only way I have got this to work was to eliminate the duration and audio to zero going through the "Theme" advanced path. And I still can't figure out why you can't access the "Theme" options even if you change the default audio files.

Frank....

I've never had the need to have no music at all, but yes, that should have done it (none/duration 0), from the advanced path. I just figured that this might be a workaround since he couldn't (for some odd reason) access the menu, so at least he could use a different audio file. If you want no music, create a music file (with whatever music editing software you might have) with a volume of zero and throw that in the appropriate folder. Again, all uneeded if that menu worked. He really should at some point try to sort it out. He's missing out on some valuable options that are easier to work with.

Agreed vid2.... The OP still has a problem with the program if he can't ever do anything else but use some sort of work around. Using DVD Builder or P&P he should have use of the "Theme" options.

Is the "Theme" options available before you click on P&P ? Or when you first bring up DVD Builder ? Or as a matter of fact, is that option available in your program if you do a production with VideoWave and then go to DVD Builder ?

Frank....

Click on "Plug & Burn" and that gets you to the same screen that DVD Builder brings up. On the left side of the screen click on "THEME", then click on the "ADVANCED" button. Under BACKGROUND, and on the AUDIO line set to NONE. Then on the DURATION line set to 0. Click on O.K. and that should do it. Let me know if that works.

Frank....

Archived