• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Clean Install - Directxinstallservice Not 'cleaning Up'

sapederson

Question

Looks like I'm having the same install issues as others, but I don't know why the clean install procedure isn't working. I had numerous issues with EMC 10 and so I bought Creator 2009, installed and it was fine. I was able to edit videos and burn them to DVDs, etc. Then I was cleaning up my PC ('cuz I'm anal like that) and saw that all of the EMC 10 apps were still there so I removed them. Yes, that is where I went wrong.

So then I started on the journey of the clean installs, but when I re-install 2009 the only option avail in the Video tab is to play a DVD. I've tried going through to the apps as was suggested in another post, but they are not installing. I've run through the clean install procedures 4 or 5 times, same result. I'm running Vista. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. One thing I noticed is that in step 2, it says to use Windows Install Clean Up and to remove DirectXInstallService. I try, but after it refreshes, it's there again. Is this why Roxio is not installing all of the apps? If so, how do I make it remove it? It doesn't give me any errors or anything. Please help before I run from the building screaming.

Edited by sapederson

3 answers to this question

Thanks, actually, the new one did work where the old was not, I didn't have issues until I started 'cleaning up' by removing the old. I did get it to finally install correctly, after the install where it doesn't install all of the apps, I did another installation (not uninstalling or touching anything) and it installed the missing apps. Haven't had a chance to do much, but seems to be working.

Thanks, actually, the new one did work where the old was not, I didn't have issues until I started 'cleaning up' by removing the old. I did get it to finally install correctly, after the install where it doesn't install all of the apps, I did another installation (not uninstalling or touching anything) and it installed the missing apps. Haven't had a chance to do much, but seems to be working.

Strange??? But if it is working, great!

If you have any other problems, you know where we live :)