• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capture Is Jumbled

KnuckleDragger

Question

Hey, I just bought Creator 2009 and have had no luck getting it to capture any of my Hi8 tapes. I hook up the analog to digital USB device, but when I press play on the camcorder - the preview screen jumps around and skips between the footage and a blank green screen. The sound skips and is very jumbled too.

Any ideas?

Edited by KnuckleDragger

8 answers to this question

Hey, I just bought Creator 2009 and have had no luck getting it to capture any of my Hi8 tapes. I hook up the analog to digital USB device, but when I press play on the camcorder - the preview screen jumps around and skips between the footage and a blank green screen. The sound skips and is very jumbled too.

Any ideas?

Could be anything from a bad connection to the wrong drivers for the device to a marginal computer, to a bad or outdated video card. Please give us more information about your computer.

Hint, go to the top and select My Controls and then edit signature. Put your computer specs there; especially your video card information.

What capture device? What drivers? I believe that there were some packages of Creator 2009 shipped with the wrong drivers; see if yuo can update them. (Typically the device would not work at all).

Could be anything from a bad connection to the wrong drivers for the device to a marginal computer, to a bad or outdated video card. Please give us more information about your computer.

Hint, go to the top and select My Controls and then edit signature. Put your computer specs there; especially your video card information.

What capture device? What drivers? I believe that there were some packages of Creator 2009 shipped with the wrong drivers; see if yuo can update them. (Typically the device would not work at all).

Not sure on my specs - as I'm at work right now. I have a DELL Optiplex GX270 120 GB hard drive.

The capture device is the USB capture device that came with my ROXIO Creator 2009.

I'll try updating when I get home.

Okay - I downloaded the updates, but it still doesn't work.

Anyone?

Okay - I downloaded the updates, but it still doesn't work.

Anyone?

Download and run Belarc Advisor; it will tell you a lot about your computer; I could not tell from the Dell site. My guess is that it doesn't meet the minimum specifications which are really below the minimum for capture.

What CPU do you have? There are several possibilities.

You would need, at a minimum to install a stand alone video card; you have a video chip and that just is not going to do it.

Your hard drive is small. You would need to keep it free of crap, defrag frequently. Have nothing else running at the time when you are doing the capture especially your anti-virus (not paused shut off). No problem since you should not be connected anyway.

Download and run Belarc Advisor; it will tell you a lot about your computer; I could not tell from the Dell site. My guess is that it doesn't meet the minimum specifications which are really below the minimum for capture.

What CPU do you have? There are several possibilities.

You would need, at a minimum to install a stand alone video card; you have a video chip and that just is not going to do it.

Your hard drive is small. You would need to keep it free of crap, defrag frequently. Have nothing else running at the time when you are doing the capture especially your anti-virus (not paused shut off). No problem since you should not be connected anyway.

The hard drive stays clean and empty. I use a 500 Gb external for saving large files.

What (reasonably priced) video card do you suggest?

No - it doesn't work with Movie Maker either.

I don't see that one really needs much computer to capture with when using a USB???

If 2 programs cannot do it, it raises the question that the device itself may be faulty…

I would use the phone and call Roxio about it. It would be a lot faster than all of this back and forth.