how to transfer files to other media (Thumbdrive,etc...)

anthonyhester

Question

I just purchased a new phone & they recommended I use emc 7 that came with the phone. Well after installing, I tried to transfer the songs to the provided SD card, but I didn't see an option to transfer to anything but a CD.

Am I missing something in this process? I'm a professional A/V technician, and I can't even find it?

Can someone please help me? My wife & I would be grateful

10 answers to this question

I agree that this forum doesn't suggest any possible solutions for cell phones but the fact that his phone came with a watered down version of EMC 7, I think it's approriate to help withn that part of the probelm (i.e. EMC). I had to laugh at the suggestion that Nextel advised they didn't have the proper training to help with the OP's EMC problem :):huh: .

I have a cell phone that has a memory card slot and all of the pictures I take with the phone can be transferred to my computer via a card reader (The actual memory card for the phone has to have an adapter so it can be placed in the card reader however). However, I have never down loaded sounds to my cell, so I'm not sure what way it saves the audio and if they are transferable also, but the users manual shows where that is possible. BTW, my new cell didn't come with a watered down version of EMC either.

My own question would be: If Roxio is giving permission to Nextel (or any other phone company) to include their EMC program and the permission to "water it down" using their programmers, then as with other manufacturers that do that same thing always tell you to contact the company that you bought the hardware and programming from when you call on their technical staff, why doesn't that company have the personnel to help with the programming the included with their hardware ??? That's a shame that happens, but that's business.

Frank.....

The phones that come with a Basic version of the Roxio software normally only use the Copy Tracks from Audio CD option in Creator Classic to convert the songs on the CD to MP3 format. Once the songs are in MP3 Format, you can use Windows Explorer to copy the songs into the appropriate folder on the memory card. (Usually the audio folder)

William

I just purchased a new phone & they recommended I use emc 7 that came with the phone. Well after installing, I tried to transfer the songs to the provided SD card, but I didn't see an option to transfer to anything but a CD.

Am I missing something in this process? I'm a professional A/V technician, and I can't even find it?

Can someone please help me? My wife & I would be grateful

Someone may drop in that can shed some light on the subject, but the responsibility is with whoever the phone manufacturer is, since they included the dummied down version of the software with your purchase. It is not the same software that folks are discussing in these forums.

Someone may drop in that can shed some light on the subject, but the responsibility is with whoever the phone manufacturer is, since they included the dummied down version of the software with your purchase. It is not the same software that folks are discussing in these forums.

What version is this forum using? I have v7.1.0.183

I just answered my own question? DUH IT'S AT THE TOP!

So I take it no one is using the vcd version

Contact the "phone company" as they provided you with "THEIR" OEM version of Roxio 7.

You might get lucky and hear from a fellow user that has the same phone as you, but I wouldn't hold you breath, as we dont know what make/model etc etc.

As has already been stated earlier in this thread the " the responsibily is with the company that provided the software with the phone".

If you not aware of what OEM is, do google search on it.

Sorry about my ambiguous statements. This forum does not discuss anything about phones. I hope that clears up my previous post.

Maybe you should read some of the posts in all of the forums to see what is being discussed.

Contact the "phone company" as they provided you with "THEIR" OEM version of Roxio 7.

You might get lucky and hear from a fellow user that has the same phone as you, but I wouldn't hold you breath, as we dont know what make/model etc etc.

As has already been stated earlier in this thread the " the responsibily is with the company that provided the software with the phone".

If you not aware of what OEM is, do google search on it.

I got it thanks! I had already called nextel and was told that they didn't have enough training to handle that situation!! I told her that it would cost $35.00 to ask roxio, she about fainted!! LOL.

Hopefully this might give anyone who has this problem in the future. Go buy a CD-RW copy your songs to that, then transfer them onto the card. It's my temporary solution until Nextel comes up with something better. Actually it isn't that much more time taken away.

Thanks

I got it thanks! I had already called nextel and was told that they didn't have enough training to handle that situation!! I told her that it would cost $35.00 to ask roxio, she about fainted!! LOL.

Hopefully this might give anyone who has this problem in the future. Go buy a CD-RW copy your songs to that, then transfer them onto the card. It's my temporary solution until Nextel comes up with something better. Actually it isn't that much more time taken away.

Thanks

Actually, if that card is formatted properly, Creator Classic will have no problem burning your songs to it.

If those songs are purchased from an on-line service, that may be the only way they can be transferred to your phone's card. (Burning to an RW and then back to the card) That's part of the Digital Rights (DRM) mess. You could also use the program that is used for the downloads, for example ITunes. Napster.

If the music is from your own collection of music on your hard drive (copied from LP, Cassette or CD), then you should be able to do the following. Once you plug in your card reader that came with the card, it should show up as a removable drive. If you don't know which one, go to My Computer and plug in that card and then remove it. That card's letter will be added or removed. In Creator Classic, you should be able to burn to that drive letter once you inserted the formatted card. I don't have V7 available so I can't post an image. V8 is different.

Thanks

Archived