Canon Vixia Hg21 Avchd

pa-bucktail

Question

4 answers to this question

Technically, there is no 'capturing' from any camcorder that uses memory cards or hard drives. These devices will show up in Windows Explorer as an external drive and all you have to do is copy the files to the hard drive in your computer.

PLease be aware that AVCHD files need a more powerful computer because of the compression. I've seen tons of posts on many forums about editing AVCHD and how slow it is. Hidef in general is very slow.

Technically, there is no 'capturing' from any camcorder that uses memory cards or hard drives. These devices will show up in Windows Explorer as an external drive and all you have to do is copy the files to the hard drive in your computer.

PLease be aware that AVCHD files need a more powerful computer because of the compression. I've seen tons of posts on many forums about editing AVCHD and how slow it is. Hidef in general is very slow.

I jave a 1.73Ghz Centrino with a 1Gb Ram and ATI Radeon X600 video card....would that be enough?

I jave a 1.73Ghz Centrino with a 1Gb Ram and ATI Radeon X600 video card....would that be enough?
Laptop? Besides the CPU being on the slow side, most laptop hard drives have smaller buffers and spin at 5400rpm whcih is slower than the 7200rpm in a desktop. I just don't recommend editing video on a laptop unless it's very high end.