• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Gangler's topic

Gangler

Question

There seem to be lots of problems burning to a DVD. So, here's mine. I created 4 slideshows and joined them together in a DVD, complete with music background. The 'movie' shows fine in preview - buttons, slides, music. However, it won't burn to a DVD. The process is as follows: when I attempt to 'Burn to DVD', the first slideshow is apparently encode - progress bars show the task for 'encoding slideshow' being completed in a short time; overall progress bar goes to about 10%. With that task complete, the task bar returns to 0% and starts 'recording slideshow' and quickly progresses to 24% - overall progress is now 14%. And there it stops! Thinking that it may be just working in the background, I've left it for up to 2 hours but without further progress. I've tried this process repeatedly more times that I care to say.

I've tried burning this project to a directory on my C drive but the results were precisely the same - precisely the same %s as with the DVD drive.

What's more, the only way to shut Roxio down at this stage is to turn the computer off. When I do that, I get the diagnostic "videowave11.exe is not responding".

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 with Windows xp Professional with lots of memory.

What's going on? I've been trying to work with this off and on for at least a couple of weeks now. I've tried everything that I can think of without success. Very frustrating! Figuring I was missing something obvious, I contacted a friend who's much more of a computer wizard than me only to find that he couldn't burn to a DVD using Roxio Creator 2009 either. HELP!

1 answer to this question