• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blue/Green vertical lines in middle of Imported Movie

andrewdavidnelson

Question

Hey Everyone,

I just purchased Easy Media Creator 8, and the menu designs are great. However, when I import a movie (WMV, made in MovieMaker), most of the time I get green/blue vertical lines in the middle of the movie when I preview (and, subsequently, burn) the movie. It's quite odd, as sometimes when I open MYDVD the lines don't appear, other times they do. I am saving the movie at best quality. Any suggestions on how to permanently rid of these lines?? It's beyond annoying at this point, especially when sometimes they don't show up at all. The movie plays fine by itself, through WMP or RealPlayer and I've already burned a couple DVDs where the video is perfect. Thanks for your help!

4 answers to this question

Interesting that you are getting these intermittently. If you saw those on one file and they are always there, I would have suggested that when you imported the movie, that there were some frames that were dropped. This often happens with a computer that is just at or just above the minimum requirements. Please post your computer specifications in your signature when you reply.

Are you using any transitions or special effects in WMM and can you tie those to the points where you get the vertical lines? Are you adding any special effects or transitions when you are using MyDVD?

Have you tried VideoWave to do the project? What happens there in preview? Also try outputting that video to an mpg...best quality for DVD. The project will render to a DVD compliant format. It the program hangs, there is something in that video that the program doesn't like; again note the time and see what is going on at that point. If the file is rendered, use one of your mpg viewers to watch the movie. Are the lines there? Now open MyDVD, create your menus and that file. Now burn the project to an image file (iso). It should not take long since the video is already in the compliant format. When the iso file is complete, copy it (Disc Copier) to a DVD. Are the vertical lines there?

Post back with your results. Why are you using WMM to create the video? You may have better results when you follow the above (or most of it) in the future.

Thanks so much for the thorough post! It is quite odd, as the files are fine when not being worked on in EMC8, like when I just watch the movie through Real Player, WMV, etc. My computer specs are: Dell Notebook Inspiron 6000, Intel Pentium M, 1.60 GHz, 797 MHz, 1.49 GB Ram, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Service Pack 2, Maxtor One Touch II 300 GB External Hard Drive.

It doesn't seem like the vertical lines have anything to do with transitions or effects, because the vertical lines stay there for the entire movie (25 minutes long). It's never a situation where they only appear for one scene or for a few minutes. I did attempt to do burn to an image file and then burn a disc, but nothing seemed to have changed. I'm going to try using VideoWave to do the project; I've used Windows Movie Maker for a while, and I just recently got EMC8 (mainly for professional looking title menus), so that is why I don't use VideoWave. Movie Maker has worked fine though for me before. I'll post back with more results when I get them...Thanks again for all your help!

Thanks so much for the thorough post! It is quite odd, as the files are fine when not being worked on in EMC8, like when I just watch the movie through Real Player, WMV, etc. My computer specs are: Dell Notebook Inspiron 6000, Intel Pentium M, 1.60 GHz, 797 MHz, 1.49 GB Ram, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Service Pack 2, Maxtor One Touch II 300 GB External Hard Drive.

It doesn't seem like the vertical lines have anything to do with transitions or effects, because the vertical lines stay there for the entire movie (25 minutes long). It's never a situation where they only appear for one scene or for a few minutes. I did attempt to do burn to an image file and then burn a disc, but nothing seemed to have changed. I'm going to try using VideoWave to do the project; I've used Windows Movie Maker for a while, and I just recently got EMC8 (mainly for professional looking title menus), so that is why I don't use VideoWave. Movie Maker has worked fine though for me before. I'll post back with more results when I get them...Thanks again for all your help!

I would think that your problems come from the on-board video card which is not able to handle all of the DirectX 9c video functions required by EMC 8.

Hey Everyone,

I just purchased Easy Media Creator 8, and the menu designs are great. However, when I import a movie (WMV, made in MovieMaker), most of the time I get green/blue vertical lines in the middle of the movie when I preview (and, subsequently, burn) the movie. It's quite odd, as sometimes when I open MYDVD the lines don't appear, other times they do. I am saving the movie at best quality. Any suggestions on how to permanently rid of these lines?? It's beyond annoying at this point, especially when sometimes they don't show up at all. The movie plays fine by itself, through WMP or RealPlayer and I've already burned a couple DVDs where the video is perfect. Thanks for your help!

I see this thing happening when previewing a thumbnail in Videowave (EMC7.5) and only if the mpg file has 720x480 resolution. All other kinds of files do not show the green vertical bar in the middle. Also, I do not see this phenomenon in EMC8.

Interesting that you are getting these intermittently. If you saw those on one file and they are always there, I would have suggested that when you imported the movie, that there were some frames that were dropped. This often happens with a computer that is just at or just above the minimum requirements. Please post your computer specifications in your signature when you reply.

Are you using any transitions or special effects in WMM and can you tie those to the points where you get the vertical lines? Are you adding any special effects or transitions when you are using MyDVD?

Have you tried VideoWave to do the project? What happens there in preview? Also try outputting that video to an mpg...best quality for DVD. The project will render to a DVD compliant format. It the program hangs, there is something in that video that the program doesn't like; again note the time and see what is going on at that point. If the file is rendered, use one of your mpg viewers to watch the movie. Are the lines there? Now open MyDVD, create your menus and that file. Now burn the project to an image file (iso). It should not take long since the video is already in the compliant format. When the iso file is complete, copy it (Disc Copier) to a DVD. Are the vertical lines there?

Post back with your results. Why are you using WMM to create the video? You may have better results when you follow the above (or most of it) in the future.

Hey Everyone,

Archived