Conflict with Maxtor Hard Drive?

andrewdavidnelson

Question

Hello Everyone,

I installed Easy Media Creator 8 and now my Maxtor 300GB External Hard Drive won't be recognized by my computer. What is the conflict between the two?? After I uninstalled EMC8, the Hard Drive worked fine. I know Drag-to-Disc can cause some issues, so I reinstalled EMC8 without Drag-to-Disc, but the Maxtor HD still wouldn't be recognized. Is there any program that will help resolve this apparent conflict between the two?? Thanks for your help!

3 answers to this question

Hello Everyone,

I installed Easy Media Creator 8 and now my Maxtor 300GB External Hard Drive won't be recognized by my computer. What is the conflict between the two?? After I uninstalled EMC8, the Hard Drive worked fine. I know Drag-to-Disc can cause some issues, so I reinstalled EMC8 without Drag-to-Disc, but the Maxtor HD still wouldn't be recognized. Is there any program that will help resolve this apparent conflict between the two?? Thanks for your help!

I have a USB 200G External that's worked fine with EMC.....is your USB or Firewire?

I'm curious if this will help you with your problem.

If Paul's suggestion does not work for you, I would suggest following the instructions in this post. http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=3320 Disable the RXFilter as shown in this post.

William

Thanks for the responses! The first thing I tried was to disable the RXFilter and now the drive is working perfectly. This has been a big help...btw, I was using a firewire cable.

Archived