MyDVD 8 Essentials - Editing Menu Style

thecrumbos@southslope.net

Question

Hi,

I recently purchased and downloaded MyDVD 8 Essentials and am trying to create a DVD. When creating my menu, I am not wanting to use one of the preset menus, I am wanting to create my own, however, when trying to follow the directions given in the MyDVD Help Center ... I am LOST! LOL! The help center gives me the following instructions:

To edit a menu’s background:

In the Project View area (Menus tab), right-click on the menu’s icon and choose Edit Menu Background.

The menu background appears in the Production Editor.

Edit the menu as desired. For details, see Working with movies.

When you’ve finished, click Back to Menu in the toolbar.

So, it guides me to the "PROJECT VIEW" area. I don't have that option anywhere. When I'm on the Menu selection page ... the only two areas I have in my Tasks Bar Column on the left side are Menu Tasks and Edit. There is no Project View area. How do I get this to show up? What am I doing wrong??

Please help!

Thanks soooo much!

Wendy

9 answers to this question

Hi,

I recently purchased and downloaded MyDVD 8 Essentials and am trying to create a DVD. When creating my menu, I am not wanting to use one of the preset menus, I am wanting to create my own, however, when trying to follow the directions given in the MyDVD Help Center ... I am LOST! LOL! The help center gives me the following instructions:

To edit a menu’s background:

In the Project View area (Menus tab), right-click on the menu’s icon and choose Edit Menu Background.

The menu background appears in the Production Editor.

Edit the menu as desired. For details, see Working with movies.

When you’ve finished, click Back to Menu in the toolbar.

So, it guides me to the "PROJECT VIEW" area. I don't have that option anywhere. When I'm on the Menu selection page ... the only two areas I have in my Tasks Bar Column on the left side are Menu Tasks and Edit. There is no Project View area. How do I get this to show up? What am I doing wrong??

Please help!

Thanks soooo much!

Wendy

You simply right click in the Menu window, and the edit box should come up.

post-81-1145549908.jpg

When I right click in my menu ... the edit box appears but with only the following:

Undo - Gray

Redo - Gray

Paste - Gray

Delete

Add Text

Change Menu Style

I do not get all the options you do. When I click on Change Menu Style, it just brings me to the page with the 3 choices (birthday, brook, wedding) to change the whole style ... I am just wanting to change the background.

Any ideas of why I don't get all the options? Help!

Thanks so much!

Wendy

When I right click in my menu ... the edit box appears but with only the following:

Undo - Gray

Redo - Gray

Paste - Gray

Delete

Add Text

Change Menu Style

I do not get all the options you do. When I click on Change Menu Style, it just brings me to the page with the 3 choices (birthday, brook, wedding) to change the whole style ... I am just wanting to change the background.

Any ideas of why I don't get all the options? Help!

Thanks so much!

Wendy

Yes, I have an idea. You have the most stripped down version of MyDVD 8. That is why your options are limited. I have the Deluxe version of the EMC 8 suite. When I click on Change Menu Style, I get 24 choices.

I can also just change the existing background to some picture that I have on my computer. I believe that that is what you actually want, and it looks like you can't do that with the Essentials version. I am not sure though.

Ah, see what you mean. Seems like the 'Essentials' version is more like the 'basic' of earlier versions. Just enough to make you want the other version. :)

LOL. I was actually thinking just enought to tick you off. Having the wrong information on the Sonic site does not help folks who are comparing the different programs. The Roxio site has it right.

Archived