Mts Files From Hd Camcorders

flatrate

Question

My brother and cousin both have the Canon HD camcorder. I used it this weekend but could not get any generic media software to read it. I read that there ar a few that can and I downloaded a few trail versions of some and they did work. But I really like Roxio 's Easy CD Creator and was wondering if I get the Ultimate version can I be able to make use of the MTS files from these camcorders and edit them? If not what other Roxi oproduct do I need to do so?

Sopposingly the Ultimate version can do HD/Blu-Ray but I'm not sure if thats just burning or editing as well. If Roxio doesn't have any software to read/edit/burn MTS files then I'll have to look elsewhere like Nero or Sony's Vegas version.

2 answers to this question

My brother and cousin both have the Canon HD camcorder. I used it this weekend but could not get any generic media software to read it. I read that there ar a few that can and I downloaded a few trail versions of some and they did work. But I really like Roxio 's Easy CD Creator and was wondering if I get the Ultimate version can I be able to make use of the MTS files from these camcorders and edit them? If not what other Roxi oproduct do I need to do so?

Sopposingly the Ultimate version can do HD/Blu-Ray but I'm not sure if thats just burning or editing as well. If Roxio doesn't have any software to read/edit/burn MTS files then I'll have to look elsewhere like Nero or Sony's Vegas version.

You probably need to contact Roxio Sales. We're all just users of the product as you are.

Have you checked with your brother and cousin to see what program they use to read the files? Usually camcorder manufacturers include software to edit the files or will tell you in the user guide which programs will read their files.

You probably need to contact Roxio Sales. We're all just users of the product as you are.

Have you checked with your brother and cousin to see what program they use to read the files? Usually camcorder manufacturers include software to edit the files or will tell you in the user guide which programs will read their files.

Was wondering if any users knew because they may have used the product feature before. Did a bit more searching under AVCHD and it seems that Roxio does support it but may have some issues with flickering. Since my original post I have contacted my cousin and he uses Sony Vegas and seems to like it. However it takes about 7 hours to convert from 1080 to 720 with a dual core processor.

I just need to put on back up hard drive, no burning on DVD or Blu-Ray at this time. My brother game me the CD's that came with the camcorder and sure enough, there wasn't any software that works with it. It was mostly a driver disk with software to upload pictures from the camcorder in digital camera mode.

In the meantime, I can play the videos on my PS3. I just need to edit them. Fry's have Nero and Vegas for free after rebate so I might get one of those there instead. I would get Roxio but there is no deal at the moment.

Thanks for the help though.