• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Errors and more errors

mondello_1

Question

I 've been using Roxio seems like the beginning of time. I purchased there latest Creator 8

When I try to install it I get tons of error messages.

I've ask for help but they do not answer my questions:

just got my new Creator 8 CD's from you. Now when I try to install I get tons of error messages: 1406, 1911, 1400, 1904 CLSID error more then one of each of them...

No answer from them I called for phone support and they are very rude and snappy. Looks like I can no long use there software. Will have yo get NERO I guess. I can no long recommend ROXIO. Company just got to big and dose not care about there customers. :)

3 answers to this question

I 've been using Roxio seems like the beginning of time. I purchased there latest Creator 8

just got my new Creator 8 CD's from you. Now when I try to install I get tons of error messages: 1406, 1911, 1400, 1904 CLSID error more then one of each of them...

No answer from them I called for phone support and they are very rude and snappy. Looks like I can no long use there software. Will have yo get NERO I guess. I can no long recommend ROXIO. Company just got to big and dose not care about there customers. :)

Please list your computer specs including video card similar to what I have in my signature.

Also, this is not the Roxio support site but only a forum for users helping each other.

Hi mondello,

We all here can understand your frustration, but this is not a technical support place for the Roxio people, this site is funded by them but mostly managed by users like your self, that have come here at one time or another to solve issues.

Unfortunately you have tried the technical contact method to try and resolve the issues you have, and it sounds like you have not had much success so far, and I'm sorry this has frustrated you.

As stated above and by Guru myguggi that we here can only offer help via you cooling off a bit and maybe add info like myguggi has asked for , to see if we all here can help you.

Of course this is your decision on if you want to do this.

But if you do, Place as much information on the make, model of PC & the operating system, and service pack info.

Also any other info like video card , DVD burner etc ,,, and let all of us here try to get your EMC going?

anyhow we will all here wait and see what you decide.

with regards

Error messages on install are usually the fault of other software active on the computer. First, do you have another packet writing program on your computer? Roxio's Drag to Disc will not play happily with other similar programs (the built in Window's program is an exception. remove D2D or the other ones.

Second, when you went to install the program did you have your anti-virus program active ? All manufactures warn against that. Did you install on a clean and defragged hard drive? Heavy fragmentation means that the program places parts of it all over your hard drive. It may have a problem finding them with a heavily fragmented disc. Do you have enough space? Are you trying to install on a networked drive?

Third, does your computer meet the minimum specs and are you running 2000 SP4 or higher or XP SP1 or higher? Do you have both IE 3 or higher and DirectX 9© or higher? These are both necessarily.

Make sure that the CDs are clean. Some have a bit of glue from the packaging and this will really screw things up. If you are not sure, copy the cds to your hard drive and then install from there.

As the others have stated, please provide the information requested. The above is just to get you thinking about some potential issues.

Archived