Timeline View

thecrumbos@southslope.net

Question

Hi,

I just posted about changing menus in MyDVD 8 essentials, but I have another question as well. I recently purchased and downloaded MyDVD 8 Essentials and am trying to create a DVD. It tells me I can view my DVD that I am creating in Storyline view or Timeline view. When I am in Edit Movie ... I can see Storyline view in the Production Editor area ... but don't see the option of switching to Timeline view, like it states and shows in the MyDVD 8 Essentials Help Center.

How do I get into the Timeline View?

Thanks for your help!

Wendy

6 answers to this question

The videowave timeline editor is only available in My DVD Premier and in the Easy Media Creator 8 Suite and Deluxe Suite. This version of My DVD Essentials does not include the Timeline editor. This is listed on the Features shown for the program on the website.

The Help file does state that not all features shown are available in the current program.

William

The videowave timeline editor is only available in My DVD Premier and in the Easy Media Creator 8 Suite and Deluxe Suite. This version of My DVD Essentials does not include the Timeline editor. This is listed on the Features shown for the program on the website.

The Help file does state that not all features shown are available in the current program.

William

Thanks William!

When I was on the website Product Comparison Page ... it stated:

Timeline Editor

Get more flexibility and control over your video production, including in-place editing and video alignment control . For MyDVD 8 Essensials it's said "Enhanced" so I just assumed that it was included! That was very misleading if you ask me. Oh well ... I can work without it ... but I really wanted it. :)

Thanks so much for your help! I do appreciate it!

Wendy

I just doublechecked the Product Comparison page for this product. It has no mark shown for MyDVD Essentials, and has Enhanced shown for MyDVD Premier. It is the Storyline Editor that has Enhanced beside it for MyDVD Essentials.

William

I must be looking at something different ... LOL! I'm looking at the comparison found here ... where I bought it.

http://www.sonic.com/products/Consumer/MyD...o/features.aspx

Where are you looking?

Oh well ... like I said before, I can work without it :) Thanks! My biggest problem is editing the menu backgrounds ... it is driving me CRAZY how to figure it out. When I'm in my menu editing area ... Changing the Menu Background is grayed out and I can't figure out how in the world to do it! LOL!

Thanks again.

Wendy

I must be looking at something different ... LOL! I'm looking at the comparison found here ... where I bought it.

http://www.sonic.com/products/Consumer/MyD...o/features.aspx

Where are you looking?

Oh well ... like I said before, I can work without it :) Thanks! My biggest problem is editing the menu backgrounds ... it is driving me CRAZY how to figure it out. When I'm in my menu editing area ... Changing the Menu Background is grayed out and I can't figure out how in the world to do it! LOL!

Thanks again.

Wendy

This is what I see on the comparison page.

post-81-1145549218.jpg

Looks like Roxio and Sonic marketing departments do not talk to each other. :) Since MyDVD 8 is much closer to the Roxio DVD Builder program than the earlier versions of MyDVD program, I'd go back to Sonic (where you bought it) and see what they will do about that published error. Insist that since you relied on that chart to buy the version you have they should make some kind of "adjustment".

This is what I see on the comparison page.

Archived