• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Express Labeler

HotRods442

Question

I try to print my created DVD case label, all that comes out of printer is blank page. I have a Lexmark X3430 all in one printer, and according to it's interface, the print job is printing, paper feeds head cycles into place, but then it jumps to spitting out a blank page.

I had to save the project as an image, and use Windows picture and fax viewer to print it. Which, by the way prints a somewhat blurry label. :(

Edited by HotRods442

Delete your printer and reinstall it.

Programs rely on Windows to print, they don't do their own printing.

What it's doing, after installing service pack 2 yesterday , is freezing the label window,(all others still work), causing the window to flash when clicked on, (for lack of a better description), as soon as I hit the print button. To close that window I have to shut it down with Windows Task Manager.

It's not the printer, it works fine for every other program installed.

So to clarify, before, it would at least act like it was going to print, just spit out a blank page. But now it doesn't even make it that far.

Edited by HotRods442

If you are convinced it is the program, even though nobody else has had that problem, then do the Clean Install...

Vista

XP

I uninstalled the printer and associated software, reinstalled, still does exactly the same thing.

I've done 5 clean installs with this setup, and am wondering what difference one more is going to make.

I try to print my created DVD case label, all that comes out of printer is blank page. I have a Lexmark X3430 all in one printer, and according to it's interface, the print job is printing, paper feeds head cycles into place, but then it jumps to spitting out a blank page.

I had to save the project as an image, and use Windows picture and fax viewer to print it. Which, by the way prints a somewhat blurry label. :(

Which of the label creating applications are you using - the lite or the full version? It almost sounds like the setting for the printer in the program is not correct. When you go to print, you should see a button above and to the right of where the printer is listed. Make sure all those settings are correct for what you want to do.

Which of the label creating applications are you using - the lite or the full version? It almost sounds like the setting for the printer in the program is not correct. When you go to print, you should see a button above and to the right of where the printer is listed. Make sure all those settings are correct for what you want to do.

I'm looking at the full version, and there are no buttons to the right or above the printer button on the toolbar. Can't right click on it, and nowhere in the menus is there any printer settings tab or command of any kind, other than print. And when I click on print, the page locks up. Can't even close it. Lose my work too. Have to kill it with task manager. Same goes for Express Labeler, no settings menu/tab/button, and clicking on print freezes the window. ?!? :blink:

Just out of curiosity, is this version of creator designed around Vista? I've been happy with my old version 5 CD creator, not one problem in the last 4 computers/5 years.

Oddly, photo suite 11 prints just fine, when clicking on print, print window pops up and all is good. (No print window comes up in label creator or express labeler). So maybe that's the real issue...

Edited by HotRods442

Well I reinstalled for the 6th time. Still F'd up. Next.

You seem to be the only person in the whole world that has this problem – really!

Program has been out for 4 months so it doesn't seem like it is a program problem…

Best bet would be to call Roxio and work this out one on one over the phone.

You have our curiousity up, so please let us know how that works out.

You seem to be the only person in the whole world that has this problem – really!

Program has been out for 4 months so it doesn't seem like it is a program problem…

Best bet would be to call Roxio and work this out one on one over the phone.

You have our curiousity up, so please let us know how that works out.

That figures that I'm having an issue that's unique.

Then the game is over since someone in support told me they won't support multi-boot systems....

srizzo

12/19/2008 Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

Please review the license agreement you have accepted when installing the software:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/EE6...2?set-locale=en

Installing our software on multiple drives and on multiple operating systems contravenes the agreement.

We will not provide support in this case.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

http://support.roxio.com

WebTicket

12/18/2008 Well, after perusing the forums, I was able to make the configuration changes to my system to get Creator 2009 to load. The main interface still does not work, (links are all dead), but the individual programs that I've used so far seem to work okay, so now I'm not as frustrated as I was when I responded to our last interaction.

Is it because of the Vista support that these issues crop up in XP? Are you guys working on a fix for the glitches that seem to be cropping up with the XP users?

Thank you,

HotRod

ddalessandro

12/18/2008 Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

Please visit the page below for our refund policy and the contact information for your refund request.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/service/cs_refund.html

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

WebTicket

12/4/2008 If you're not going to support what I just spent 107 dollars for, I want my money back

folmstead

12/4/2008 Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

Sorry there is no support for setting up Roxio on a Network or multidrive OS

WebTicket

12/3/2008 I have a multi-boot computer, and when I tried to install, it stops after 4 or 5 minutes saying: Setup was interrupted. I have installed it in my vid studio partition, and no problems whatsoever. Yet on my net partition, it won't even make it through the install. I have windows live onecare as securiity, and that's one of the only real differences in the seven OS's. help...

I don't know what bit of paper that guy in TS was reading, but that's not what it says on the link

"Use one copy of the Software only for your personal, non-commercial use on a "single computer system" and only in accordance with the accompanying end user documentation."

Now there's nothing there that says you are only allowed one drive - or even one OS

It still doesn't solve your printer problem tho

I don't know what bit of paper that guy in TS was reading, but that's not what it says on the link

"Use one copy of the Software only for your personal, non-commercial use on a "single computer system" and only in accordance with the accompanying end user documentation."

Now there's nothing there that says you are only allowed one drive - or even one OS

It still doesn't solve your printer problem tho

I know! Freakin' TS getting lazy... gi7omy, you know what's up, you were the first person I had contact with during the last 3 weeks trying to resolve these issues.

Never have I had a program, or suite of programs that had more than one, or two at worst, compatability issues. This has been the most I've ever had to do just to get a program to load. Let alone the many hours I've spent trying to resolve all the issues that pop up. I know this is a collection of seperate programs, but they should all work together.

And I apologize to all you guys who have tried to resolve the problems I have, because I'm down to ranting.

I do appreciate all your efforts. Also, I find myself sympathizing with all of you for the hours you've spent trying to resolve the hundreds of problems that are represented here.

P.S.: I had to remove a couple of not so nice statements from this post. Sorry, my fault...I would have had much less headaches had I just wiped this drive, and done a REAL Clean Install...Hindsight's 20/20

Edited by HotRods442

Well Hell-

I decided to try straightening out my 'Video Studio' partitions' Creator 2009 installation, and uninstalled creator and my printer, reinstalled, and whaddya know, it works. :blink::huh::)

I haven't tried to create anything yet, other than testing print function, (Works, yahoo!!). The interface works great, all menus in the toolbar actually stay up long enough to click on them, too cool...

I opened MyDVD, tried to import some of my footage from the Sony HandyCam, and it still won't import those VOB's. Also tried some mpeg 2 files (Error message: These files cannot be edited, and were not added).

I guess I need to end this post, and set up another for the 'New' issues. Or do I send the files to VideoWave and convert to something usable there? Seems I read there's problems with Sony Video. (I bet they're configured :glare: to work in Sony's Video Editor).

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and eat some crow. All this time it's been my internet partitions' setup that was the problem. I'm guessing that adding and removing so many trial programs corrupted the .dll's or something. I'll have to reformat that partition and start over.

I suppose the preceeding is a good demonstration as to why I have my computer set up Multi-Boot....

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and eat some crow. All this time it's been my internet partitions' setup that was the problem. I'm guessing that adding and removing so many trial programs corrupted the .dll's or something. I'll have to reformat that partition and start over.

I suppose the preceeding is a good demonstration as to why I have my computer set up Multi-Boot....

I'll pass along the barbecue sauce, for that crow. :) The important thing is you found the problem.

I'll pass along the barbecue sauce, for that crow. :) The important thing is you found the problem.

Jeez, yeah. Finally. No more whining... :rolleyes: The thing that threw me was that no other programs on that partition were having issues. I should have known the slow startup was indicative of OS issues...D'oh...

But I'll cut my losses at 3 weeks, reformat that partition, set up Video Studio there, turn this one into MyNet XP, do a little house cleaning, as it were. :ninja:

I want to thank you all for the input.

Jeez, yeah. Finally. No more whining... :rolleyes: The thing that threw me was that no other programs on that partition were having issues. I should have known the slow startup was indicative of OS issues...D'oh...

But I'll cut my losses at 3 weeks, reformat that partition, set up Video Studio there, turn this one into MyNet XP, do a little house cleaning, as it were. :ninja:

I want to thank you all for the input.

Crow is an acquired taste, I like it better than foot!!! :rolleyes:

Not to whine, but it wasn't until you complained about your contact with Roxio that you actually divulged the full story on your install setup.

By hiding that you prolonged the agony. – Oh, I am not sitting on a pedestal, I have left out info myself.

(one software problem got this response when I told them what OS I was running: Oh we don't support that OS. Anything else I can do for you today Jim? – We bought a 1/4 million in software and were paying $40,000 a year for support and all I got was a very polite brushoff! at least it was polite...)

Crow is an acquired taste, I like it better than foot!!! :rolleyes:

Not to whine, but it wasn't until you complained about your contact with Roxio that you actually divulged the full story on your install setup.

By hiding that you prolonged the agony. – Oh, I am not sitting on a pedestal, I have left out info myself.

(one software problem got this response when I told them what OS I was running: Oh we don't support that OS. Anything else I can do for you today Jim? – We bought a 1/4 million in software and were paying $40,000 a year for support and all I got was a very polite brushoff! at least it was polite...)

Whoa, what program(s) & OS are you referring to, if you don't mind my asking? That's a lotta dough!

If by 'full story', you're referring to my setting up of Creator, I did more or less cover it in my first post. (Multi Boot Install, installation thread).

I suppose I should have referred to that one when starting this one. Oops...

That product was Siemens PLM NX (Here) and I had put it on my personal laptop with XP Home. They required XP Pro at that time. They also have lists of qualified PC's and my lap wasn't qualified either… But I could call in with a modem and connect to our server to check out a license and run. It did what I needed to do at the time.

They were right, and they were very polite about it. Other times these guys really went the extra mile for us.

That product was Siemens PLM NX (Here) and I had put it on my personal laptop with XP Home. They required XP Pro at that time. They also have lists of qualified PC's and my lap wasn't qualified either… But I could call in with a modem and connect to our server to check out a license and run. It did what I needed to do at the time.

They were right, and they were very polite about it. Other times these guys really went the extra mile for us.

Jeez- that's a lot of dough for 1 program, but a very nice one. The support costs alone were more than 40 home computers.

What were you guys manufacturing?

Jeez- that's a lot of dough for 1 program, but a very nice one. The support costs alone were more than 40 home computers.

What were you guys manufacturing?

You should have heard the whining from our IS department when we asked for a replacement Video card for one of our PC's. It cost over $1,000 – that started 3 days of uninformed emails that went like, 'well can't you just…' :huh:

We built bridges.

The rest of my avatar – dual monitors, space ball, enough post-it's to make the one monitor look like a sunflower!

post-39730-1230728882.jpg

Hard to see but on top of the monitor are little paper I-beams, T-bars, Angles, etc. I made to pickup and roll around to help visualize production. As we moved deeper into integrated 3-D modeling the 'dolls' were used less & less so I had to find other outlets :lol:

Bridges, Eh? For fifteen years I sandblasted and painted Bridges. Watertowers and big buildings too...Made the decision to quit when I came a tension wire's width from falling 290 feet.

Is the Vid card you're talking about an Nvidia Quadro FX? They're priced in that range. My whole computer only cost me $370 to build, less monitors. (My vid card was $100).B)

I feel fortunate that I decided to build my own, since they aren't proprietary, which makes for much easier, and cheaper upgrades. Next up to bat is an Intel Q6600 Quad 2.4Ghz processor,[$179], which will more than double my processing power. Then an EVGA SLI ATX Motherboard,[$149] which will double my memory capacity, and I'm considering Getting 64bit XP Pro, so I can go up to 8Gb memory. MMMMMore Powerrrrr...............

I want to build a new I7 computer, but they're too new and expensive, So I'll wait until late Summer, they'll be more reasonable by then.

At any rate, those upgrades will more than satisfy my 'needs'. I play with Flight Sims and Driving Sims on 2 of my partitions, and have recording studios on two others, add to that the Video Studio, and you can easily see that I can use all the speed and memory I can possibly stuff into one box...

Oh, and just so it looks good, I'll say that so far, I haven't run into any glitches with my creator installation. Finally...

Edited by HotRods442

Be careful with XP 64 - that uses the 2003 Server kernel.

In general, all you will gain will be access to extra memory, but it doesn't really help that much - believe me.

Quad core and 64 bits? Herein lies the rub - thay are capable of a lot - BUT, finding apps that can utilise the extra power is a different story entirely. Very few apps are optimised for multi-core and even less for 64 bit operation

Be careful with XP 64 - that uses the 2003 Server kernel.

In general, all you will gain will be access to extra memory, but it doesn't really help that much - believe me.

Quad core and 64 bits? Herein lies the rub - thay are capable of a lot - BUT, finding apps that can utilise the extra power is a different story entirely. Very few apps are optimised for multi-core and even less for 64 bit operation

With Digital Audio Workstations, using higher end programs like Pro Tools, Cubase, and Cakewalk, utilize as much memory as you can toss at them. More Memory=More Tracks.

I'm not positive about the ones I have being able to support 64 bit operation, and will have to research it further. But I remember reading somewhere about XP 64 being able to run 32 bit programs, and as I said, I need to do more research.

While higher end Pro Tools DAWs typically cost $20,000 US and up, I want to build a machine that is similar in configuration, but much more affordable.

Cubase 4, which is one of the programs I use, does support multicore, and in fact can be configured to run on a server. According to a trade publication, the future of DAWs is just what I've described, and for once I'd like to be ahead of the game.

And as you must be aware, in the digital world, the only thing that stays the same is change.

Edited by HotRods442

I just go with what I know (and I do have XP 64 and a dual core CPU with 4 GB RAM)

As I said, I haven't noticed any significant advantage over the 32 bit OS to be honest. It is better than Blister - but then, that's not hard to be ;)

I just go with what I know (and I do have XP 64 and a dual core CPU with 4 GB RAM)

As I said, I haven't noticed any significant advantage over the 32 bit OS to be honest. It is better than Blister - but then, that's not hard to be ;)

MS has been talkin' up Windows 7, (64 bit, but is backwards compatible), but seems to be a revamped Vista. Let's hope they've gotten it right this time. (I Beta Tested Vista, and had they incorporated more of it's apps, it would have been better).

Articles I've read make the same point you do, not enough apps make use of multi-threading, but ones that do see a clear improvement in performance.

The new Intel I7's are all quad core with hyperthreading, so run 8 threads simultaneously. And once apps catch up, there will be major improvements in performance. Instant rendering is not that far off.

One can posess all the power in the world, but without an outlet, it's useless...