• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

can't make image file

mondschain

Question

Hi .... I am having this problem with mydvd8..... I made my project but I like to burn it to iso files so that i can make a copy whenever I like .... now recently when I choose the path where to save the following messeage appears :

there are no media files in this folder that match the filter settings. To change the filter settings, click the filter for media types button.

Note: there may be other types of files in this folder. Media manager displays only media files.

.... so where do I change the filter setting? well the strange thing is there are already existing iso files made with the same program in the folder so I dont understand.

If I go ahead and try to burn it anyway I get an encode error. So anyone knows what to do? :)

6 answers to this question

Hi .... I am having this problem with mydvd8..... I made my project but I like to burn it to iso files so that i can make a copy whenever I like .... now recently when I choose the path where to save the following messeage appears :

there are no media files in this folder that match the filter settings. To change the filter settings, click the filter for media types button.

Note: there may be other types of files in this folder. Media manager displays only media files.

.... so where do I change the filter setting? well the strange thing is there are already existing iso files made with the same program in the folder so I dont understand.

If I go ahead and try to burn it anyway I get an encode error. So anyone knows what to do? :)

I ignore the cryptic "filter" message. My guess is it's trying to say no files exist with the same type as the project you are saving - it's the opposite of "Overwrite? (y/N)".

The encode error is a completely separate problem.

Lance

How are you trying to burn it to an ISO file. It is a simple thing to do. I have no clue what you are talking about, when you are talking filters.

Click on the burn icon in MyDVD, uncheck the Burn to disc, and click on the box to the left of Save disc image file.

Bruce,

I posted the same issue (post #8 in this thread) prior to seeing this discussion. Below is the screenshot that the OP is seeing. I have at least 4 ISO files in that folder but they appear to be not found with that message about not matching the filter settings. I am interested in the answer myself.

Jess

pix-0010.jpg

Bruce,

I posted the same issue (post #8 in this thread) prior to seeing this discussion. Below is the screenshot that the OP is seeing. I have at least 4 ISO files in that folder but they appear to be not found with that message about not matching the filter settings. I am interested in the answer myself.

Jess

pix-0010.jpg

thank you guys for your reply.... I am having the same problem Bruce does. Strange is sometimes I don't get that message. I can't figure out when... the encoding problem I had is most probably a RAM problem... I am only able to burn a project with mydvd when mydvd is the only program running...

next time I will attache a picture of my problem like you guys did .... how neat

thank you guys for your reply.... I am having the same problem Bruce does. Strange is sometimes I don't get that message. I can't figure out when... the encoding problem I had is most probably a RAM problem... I am only able to burn a project with mydvd when mydvd is the only program running...

next time I will attache a picture of my problem like you guys did .... how neat

Trying to burn a DVD while running other programs can easily result in a coaster. In fact it is recommended to disconnect from the internet & shut down virus checking while doing a burn or while rendering.

How are you trying to burn it to an ISO file. It is a simple thing to do. I have no clue what you are talking about, when you are talking filters.

Click on the burn icon in MyDVD, uncheck the Burn to disc, and click on the box to the left of Save disc image file.

post-81-1145564209.jpg

Trying to burn a DVD while running other programs can easily result in a coaster. In fact it is recommended to disconnect from the internet & shut down virus checking while doing a burn or while rendering.

Oh, thanx for the info... I didn't know that... next time I will close everything.... so far I never closed all programs but never had any problems. This time I was using videowave and then through it I opend mydvd, that didnt work so I had to close videowave... but now I know better... :)

Archived