• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Install After All The Tech Tips

Zedbra

Question

Similar issues to another thread, with a few edits

OS = Vista Home Premium - system requirements for disk space and ram = met/exceeded. I have a 32 bit system

I purchased Creator 2009 a few days ago from a retail store and have been trying to install for the last few days!! Very frustrating!

Installation progresses about half way, to a point that says 'Rolling back Roxio Decoder`then displays the message:

"Roxio Creator 2009 setup was interrupted. Your system has not been notified. To run this program again at a later time, please run the installation again."

Tried again, same message. Then went through the "Clean install for Vista", rebooted when prompted, etc. and ran install again, same message.

Read the KB file but I do not have that .dll file on my computer. http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000214CR

I have tried searching through knowledge base and other support files, but no answers to this directly.

I will appreciate any recommendations. Thanx.

8 answers to this question

Do you have your PC set to show System and Hidden files? If you don't you cannot see nor will Search find one of those files…

Check for that setting then run a Search for dsetup.dll

Then make sure your DirectX is up to date. – assume nothing, check it!

Then make sure you have your video card drivers up to date – assume nothing, check it!

Would not hurt to delete .NET 2.0, 3 & 3.5 if you have them.

Then there is pined post at the top about the Clean Install procedure. Since you have made several attempts to install, your system needs scraped out. Print out these instructions and follow them to the letter.

A lot of things to do, but considering how it has gone so far, it is reasonable...

IF the install fails after that, it would be best to pick up the phone and call Roxio.

Do you have your PC set to show System and Hidden files? If you don't you cannot see nor will Search find one of those files…

Check for that setting then run a Search for dsetup.dll

Then make sure your DirectX is up to date. – assume nothing, check it!

Then make sure you have your video card drivers up to date – assume nothing, check it!

Then there is pined post at the top about the Clean Install procedure. Since you have made several attempts to install, your system needs scraped out. Print out these instructions and follow them to the letter.

A lot of things to do, but considering how it has gone so far, it is reasonable...

IF the install fails after that, it would be best to pick up the phone and call Roxio.

The only dsetup.dll files are located within Directx - delete that? Its not in the System 32 file

Your online chat tech told me to install .net 3.5 - not remove anything

All drivers are updated. I will do another sweep. I need to know if I should delete that file from DirectX - it also doesnt give me the option to delete - I just looked

my mistake, i assumed Jim worked with Roxio. No harm meant

Yah, I'm still waiting to see that first paycheck… :lol:

You are down to 2 choices.

Call Roxio – don't mess with web responses. (we are fellow users and don't know everything, but they might)

Try what I suggested, step by step.

(for that dsetup.dll file you mentioned – rename it to .old. It probably won't make any difference but that way you will be sure)

OS = Vista Home Premium - I have a 32 bit system

.Net 2.0 and 3.0 come in the Vista Home Premium OS, no add remove entry! .Net 3.5 comes from Roxio, can and cannot leave a entry in add remove.

cd