• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blackberry Ringtone Problems With Roxio

lbagley

I just purchased a blackberry curve and the roxio media manager software was included (which I have already downloaded onto my computer). I have added songs to my phone without any problems. Now I am trying to create ringtones using the songs I have on my computer. I went to help and this is what it says that I need to do:

"In Media Manager, browse to the audio file from which you want to create a ring tone.

Right-click the audio file and choose Edit with Quick Sound Editor.

If necessary, display the Trim & Fade view by clicking Trim Fade.

Move the play head to the beginning of the section you want to use as your ringtone, either by clicking Preview or by clicking the waveform.

Click Set Start.

Move the play head to the end of the section you want to use as your ringtone.

Click Set End.

Click Create Ringtone.

Specify a file name and location for the new file, and click Save.

To exit from Quick Sound Editor, click Close.

The ringtone is added to the All Music > Ringtone Smart View.

You can transfer the new ringtone to the ringtone folder on your BlackBerry (see Transferring files from your computer to your BlackBerry). "

I have done exactly what this says but when I right-click on audio files it does not have the choice of Edit with Quick sound editor. The only choices I have when I right-click is Quick show, Edit audio tags, AutoMix, Cut, Copy, rename, properties, and help.

I'm at a loss of where I am supposed to find the Edit with Quick sound editor.

Can anyone help me???? Thanks!

I just purchased a blackberry curve and the roxio media manager software was included (which I have already downloaded onto my computer). I have added songs to my phone without any problems. Now I am trying to create ringtones using the songs I have on my computer. I went to help and this is what it says that I need to do:

"In Media Manager, browse to the audio file from which you want to create a ring tone.

Right-click the audio file and choose Edit with Quick Sound Editor.

If necessary, display the Trim & Fade view by clicking Trim Fade.

Move the play head to the beginning of the section you want to use as your ringtone, either by clicking Preview or by clicking the waveform.

Click Set Start.

Move the play head to the end of the section you want to use as your ringtone.

Click Set End.

Click Create Ringtone.

Specify a file name and location for the new file, and click Save.

To exit from Quick Sound Editor, click Close.

The ringtone is added to the All Music > Ringtone Smart View.

You can transfer the new ringtone to the ringtone folder on your BlackBerry (see Transferring files from your computer to your BlackBerry). "

I have done exactly what this says but when I right-click on audio files it does not have the choice of Edit with Quick sound editor. The only choices I have when I right-click is Quick show, Edit audio tags, AutoMix, Cut, Copy, rename, properties, and help.

I'm at a loss of where I am supposed to find the Edit with Quick sound editor.

Can anyone help me???? Thanks!

Have you actually selected the audio file? It sounds like the program didn't recognize the audio file. Perhaps it is a audio file from an on-line store that may have DRM protection. Can you try a different audio file that you ripped from a CD or captured from the Internet?

Perhaps you have a bad install.

post-58-1230334013.jpg

Edited by sknis