• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 7.5 won't offer a @x DVD -R burn speed

carleaston

Question

My EMC 7.5 won't offer a 2X burn speed at my DVD-R discs (which are 2X only WRITE speed).

It only goes down to 4X, although once in awhile it WILL offer it and that one DVD burned just fine.

It just throws the DVD blank out the DVD burner door and says PLEASE INSERT PROPER MEDIA.

Is there something wrong with my DVDR burner, or does EMC 7.5 just not offer that low of a speed to burn at?

Carl Easton

P4-2.8G

1M RAM

300G HDD ATA

128M 8X AGP Video

2 answers to this question

First thing would be like Lynn suggested and make sure that your firmware for the particular burner is up to date. Aside from that, on those times when you said it "offered" the 2X speed, what type of media were you using and/or are you always using the same kind of media disks ? You say that the media you have is 2X only, but are they the same manufacturer ?

On my EMC 7.5 when I burn a production, either from Videowave or DVD Builder I don't see any information about what the speed is I want to set. I do see in the advanced settings when I click on BURN, I cab set to burn at BEST--GOOD-- LOW etc. but I don't see the actual speed of what it is going to burn at until I actually click on the final BURN icon.

Frank....

My EMC 7.5 won't offer a 2X burn speed at my DVD-R discs (which are 2X only WRITE speed).

It only goes down to 4X, although once in awhile it WILL offer it and that one DVD burned just fine.

It just throws the DVD blank out the DVD burner door and says PLEASE INSERT PROPER MEDIA.

Is there something wrong with my DVDR burner, or does EMC 7.5 just not offer that low of a speed to burn at?

Carl Easton

P4-2.8G

1M RAM

300G HDD ATA

128M 8X AGP Video

The burn speed is a function of the burner and the media, not the burning software.

Have you gotten all updates for your burner downloaded? It might be your burner isn't able to properly recognize the media.

Lynn

Archived