Cannot Prevent Dvd Repeat

rjw823

Question

I have now created three DVDs without menus, editing in Videowave and then producing in My DVD. Because each is a composite of many short scenes transferred into digital AVI format, I chose to open each project as DVD, no menu.

The results are excellent, with this exception: In each, running a preview -- as with viewing the completed disc after burning -- the video repeats and can only be stopped manually.

Help files in both Videowave and My DVD refer to the repeat button as applicable only to a defined panel. And of course the repeat button is not active in the completed production.

I will be grateful for advice on how to prevent the automatic repeat.

Bob White

5 answers to this question

I have now created three DVDs without menus, editing in Videowave and then producing in My DVD. Because each is a composite of many short scenes transferred into digital AVI format, I chose to open each project as DVD, no menu.

The results are excellent, with this exception: In each, running a preview -- as with viewing the completed disc after burning -- the video repeats and can only be stopped manually.

Help files in both Videowave and My DVD refer to the repeat button as applicable only to a defined panel. And of course the repeat button is not active in the completed production.

I will be grateful for advice on how to prevent the automatic repeat.

Bob White

When your setting is DVD-no menu, it is supposed to repeat your DVD, until you stop it. That's what that setting is for.

When your setting is DVD-no menu, it is supposed to repeat your DVD, until you stop it. That's what that setting is for.

Thank you. Is it possible to begin a new project in the default way (with menu) and delate any/all menus, which I have found to be a needless encumbrance? I have tried, without success.

Bob White

Thank you. Is it possible to begin a new project in the default way (with menu) and delate any/all menus, which I have found to be a needless encumbrance? I have tried, without success.

Bob White

You cannot delete menus once you have selected a DVD with menu project.

I use the "DVD, no menus" project setting quite a lot and my DVD only plays once, it never loops. Perhaps its a function of the DVD player?

I use the "DVD, no menus" project setting quite a lot and my DVD only plays once, it never loops. Perhaps its a function of the DVD player?

This certainly is an odd glitch. I've played the no-menu DVDs in a set-top player and in my computer, and the looping takes place in each.

Walt, yours may be the unique one. No menus is intended to loop (except for yours).

To the OP, add the movies as the introductory movie. The DVD will start as soon as you put it into the player. At the end, It will go to a menu. Just change the menu to something like "The End" or "Put in next DVD"