• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Very good article on Vista, the good , the bad and the conclusion.

The Highlander

I read this today and thought this was one of the best un-objective articles on Vista around, and i think that Paul Thurrott makes a lot of sence.... your call on what you think.

PS: Sorry for the wide screen version, if you cannot read this post then click on the web link at the bottom of the page.....

Link to the full story at end of post

Full web address found here

No surprises.

But I couldn't tell which WinXP window as on top.

With Win98 SE, the highlighted window is on top. With WinXP, I just keep guessing until I get it.

I don't like WinXP. I can't curse it, due to vocabulary limitations, but the tone of voice does convey the intensity of feeling. I especially detest the fact it can't be adjusted for a more comfortable UI.

But I have long thought WinXP is likely to be better than what's coming next.

Lynn

No surprises.

But I couldn't tell which WinXP window as on top.

With Win98 SE, the highlighted window is on top. With WinXP, I just keep guessing until I get it.

I don't like WinXP. I can't curse it, due to vocabulary limitations, but the tone of voice does convey the intensity of feeling. I especially detest the fact it can't be adjusted for a more comfortable UI.

But I have long thought WinXP is likely to be better than what's coming next.

Lynn

Lynn, XP is the best, easiest, and most stable OS that Microsoft has released. Windows 98 was just about the worst OS released.

I don't know what you are trying to adjust in XP, but maybe some of us could help, if you give us a chance.

Lynn, XP is the best, easiest, and most stable OS that Microsoft has released. Windows 98 was just about the worst OS released.

I don't know what you are trying to adjust in XP, but maybe some of us could help, if you give us a chance.

The "stability" of WinXP is illusory, since the blinkin' computer is so loud I turn it off when finished and use the Win98 SE the rest of the day.

Lynn

The "stability" of WinXP is illusory, since the blinkin' computer is so loud I turn it off when finished and use the Win98 SE the rest of the day.

Lynn

I have 2 intake fans, bringing in air, over the hard drives, 2 exhaust fans in back, 2 fans on my power supply, 1 heatsink and fan on my CPU, and 1 fan on my video card. My computer is almost silent.

If your fans are loud, they may need lubrication. If that does not work, you can get very good case fans relatively cheap. You will pay for a good heatsink and fan for your CPU, though. That may be the one that is making noise.

Look at that WinXP screeshot again. There are three included 'themes' in WinXP: Blue, green and silver. The window with the DARKER color at the top is the 'active' window. Not only that, you can also choose the Windows 2000 look which is very close to Win98. I'm sitting at my nephew's computer now which uses this theme.

Here is a screenshot of WinXP with the Win2000 theme:

post-49-1145671554.jpg

I also like XP very much.Can't remember the last time I had a BSOD,which is more than I can say for the other versions.

I like to mess with the interface so I use things like WindowBlinds and Icon Packager to jazz up the GUI.Just my personal preference.Like Gary said the active window is the one with the highlighted bar at the top.I've never had a problem telling which is which.

As far as your noisy computer that comes from fans like was stated.There's a good place that I use called endpcnoise.com that sells all kinds of fans and ultra quiet power supplies.You might want to give it a look.

Archived