• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Vinyl To Cd/mp3

Andy 407

Hi

I've previously looked at Vinyl - PC conversion software without actually identifying a suitable programme to use. Now with a new (Vista) PC which came with pre-installed Roxio Creator DE, I want to start converting my vinyl collection to create files for CD/MP3 player use.

I'm wondering what anyone has found to be a good quality programme for converting/cleaning tracks - don't mind paying a reasonable amount for a good job done - also how well this links into Roxio Creator, or better to ignore this and purchase a complete stand alone programme?

Grateful for any thoughts/experience/recommendations in this area?

Thanks

Hi

I've previously looked at Vinyl - PC conversion software without actually identifying a suitable programme to use. Now with a new (Vista) PC which came with pre-installed Roxio Creator DE, I want to start converting my vinyl collection to create files for CD/MP3 player use.

I'm wondering what anyone has found to be a good quality programme for converting/cleaning tracks - don't mind paying a reasonable amount for a good job done - also how well this links into Roxio Creator, or better to ignore this and purchase a complete stand alone programme?

Grateful for any thoughts/experience/recommendations in this area?

Thanks

1) Capture from LP; you'll need a turntable/receiver with phono out, or a pre-amp. Creator 2009 has the ability to import audio from sound card.

2)Clean up audio; Creator 2009's Sound Editor will do some cleaning. Bias Sound Soap (included with certain versions) will do a better job; for the best, try Goldwave.

3) Burn mp3 files (data disc) You can do this with what you have or with the Creator Burning (mp3 disc application) in Creator 2009.

I think GoldWave will capture from a sound card also.

1) Capture from LP; you'll need a turntable/receiver with phono out, or a pre-amp. Creator 2009 has the ability to import audio from sound card.

2)Clean up audio; Creator 2009's Sound Editor will do some cleaning. Bias Sound Soap (included with certain versions) will do a better job; for the best, try Goldwave.

3) Burn mp3 files (data disc) You can do this with what you have or with the Creator Burning (mp3 disc application) in Creator 2009.

I think GoldWave will capture from a sound card also.

I use a combination of tools. Sound Soap has a nice de-noise feature that works well. For clicks and pops, I really like Dart XP Pro. For manually editing those stubborn pops, GoldWave is excellent, and it also has some noise reduction options too. So, grow your toolbox as needed. For capturing the side of an LP and then splitting out the individual tracks, I quite often use CD Wave.

Oh, and for the final writing to CD, I've always used some version of Easy Media Creator (or it's predecessors).