djmagno

Sonic Will Not Open

Question

Hello all...new to the forum.

My version of Sonic will not open on my laptop. It has worked for the first year, but now when i click the icon the Sonic logo appears on the screen, but the program does not open.

I have a Compaq Presario V6000 laptop with windows xp (Media Center edition), Celeron M processor and SP2. For some reason my system cannot load service pack 3.

When i look into the Sonic folder under Program Files, all of the components (folder) are there...PLEASE HELP... :huh::unsure:

13 answers to this question

What program and what version?

Saying 'sonic' is like saying your OS is 'Microsoft' - we need to know just what program it is

Saying 'sonic' is like saying your OS is 'Microsoft' - we need to know just what program it is

I knew that someone would ask that...i have no idea, unless someone can tell me how to find it...

It came with the computer pre installed. I just updated the system with SP3 and now the logo won't even come up as it was in the beginning.

The point here is that unless we know just WHAT it is you are having problems with, there's nothing anyone can do to help.

You may as well say you are having problems with Adobe for all the help that would be.

If it's an OEM (pre-installed) program, you will probably need to contact the computer maker as no-one here would have any idea what it is

It appears to be Sonic Digital Media Plus v7, but i am not sure. I am well aware that having the product version is important, but at the time i was unable to provide it...that is why i asked how to find it. I do not understand why people have to be so nasty on forums...it is totally unecessary...either you can help or keep sarcastic comments to yourself...thanks a mil.

There were NO sarcastic comments - you were simply asked WHICH Sonic program you had installed - nothing more and nothing less.

That is what was asked - not the version or anything else - simply what program

There were NO sarcastic comments - you were simply asked WHICH Sonic program you had installed - nothing more and nothing less.

That is what was asked - not the version or anything else - simply what program

WRONG ANSWER AGAIN!!!...either you can help or not. Saracasm is subjective...dunno about you but if someone SCREAMS at you in all caps...they are either being rude or sarcastic...it's all in the tone buddy. The resolution certainly isn't to try to MAKE me feel stupid...my philosophy...i either forgot or don't know, but I never feel stupid it is impossible for me;-)

Anyways...can someone help me with this problem. Sonic Digital Media Plus v7 (pre-installed), Compaq Presario V6000 laptop with Windows XP Media Center, Celeron M processor and now updated to Service Pack 3.

Edited by djmagno

As that's an OEM version, you would really need to contact Compaq (or HP seeing they now own that company)

There are differences between the retail and OEM versions and support for Compaq/HP comes from them.

Couple of possibilities - if you installed iE7 and/or Media Player 11, they can cause problems with older apps - but to remove those, you have to roll back to SP2 to do it.

Also, if it worked prior to SP3, then SP3 itself could have been the culprit

I have noticed that since installing IE7 there have been many problems, but had no idea that effected Sonic...

With that said, i probably am better off buying a retail version of the software...question is will it work in the same way as my current version does? Main thing being direct copy of a cd or dvd?

Any of the EMC suites will copy CDs and non-commercial DVDs (they won't copy a commercial one with CSS - that's illegal unfortunately)

Current suite is Creator 2009, but EMC 9 and 10 are still avalable from Amazon. Just be careful with second hand copies as a number of those have turned out to be crippled OEM versions