• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd 10 Menu Backgrounds Missing

plasnick

Question

I have a 12 gig AVI I used Roxio to rip from a digital 8 camcorder. Using MyDVD 10, I choose a new project and selected the Snowman Menu Style. Before making any changes or selecting my movie, I could preview and see the menu function properly. I added the movie, the during preview, all I get is black for the background. The buttons and the thumbnail are there and the menus function properly, but all backgrounds are black.

I have done a full project this way from scratch about 4 times. with the same result. If anybody has some gouge on this, please fill me in.

5 answers to this question

I have a 12 gig AVI I used Roxio to rip from a digital 8 camcorder. Using MyDVD 10, I choose a new project and selected the Snowman Menu Style. Before making any changes or selecting my movie, I could preview and see the menu function properly. I added the movie, the during preview, all I get is black for the background. The buttons and the thumbnail are there and the menus function properly, but all backgrounds are black.

I have done a full project this way from scratch about 4 times. with the same result. If anybody has some gouge on this, please fill me in.

The first place I'd start is updating your video card's drivers.

The first place I'd start is updating your video card's drivers.

so, you are saying that when MyDVD 10 builds the preview, it actually encodes through my video card? that is interesting.

well, I've got a Nvidia GeForce 7800 GS AGP, I just reformatted about two weeks ago and I got the latest driver at that time.

178.24 is my version and just verified it with the utility on Nvidia's website. What to check next?

so, you are saying that when MyDVD 10 builds the preview, it actually encodes through my video card? that is interesting.

well, I've got a Nvidia GeForce 7800 GS AGP, I just reformatted about two weeks ago and I got the latest driver at that time.

178.24 is my version and just verified it with the utility on Nvidia's website. What to check next?

Have you burned to a dvd rw disc by chance? If so, is software rather than hardware rendering an option?Then if it doesn't burn OK, no silver coaster.

Edited by Syrallas

Have you burned to a dvd rw disc by chance? Then if it doesn't burn OK, no silver coaster.

No DVD-RW's. actually, these labels confuse me a little. I have burned a few to Fuji and Sony DVD+R's. at first I thought it might be the burning process. as I troubleshot further, I decided to use the "Preview" and "Animate Preview" functions. animate preview, it looks totally normal. when using preview, it really is an example of the image that gets coded. I've burned straight from product to disc and to iso with the same result. once again, animate preview shows that there is no problem. oh, I've used the "Validate Project" and it says there is no error. I've even did the project to the end, then reloaded the theme to all menu's, that did not fix it.

No DVD-RW's. actually, these labels confuse me a little. I have burned a few to Fuji and Sony DVD+R's. at first I thought it might be the burning process. as I troubleshot further, I decided to use the "Preview" and "Animate Preview" functions. animate preview, it looks totally normal. when using preview, it really is an example of the image that gets coded. I've burned straight from product to disc and to iso with the same result. once again, animate preview shows that there is no problem. oh, I've used the "Validate Project" and it says there is no error. I've even did the project to the end, then reloaded the theme to all menu's, that did not fix it.

as it turns out, Syrallas had the solution... I chose software rendering and it worked out. I'm still not really understanding why the hardware option did not work. Thanks again to Syrallas.

if it is of any interest, here is a little about my rig...

abit NF7-S ver. 2.0 (400 Mhz FSB)

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton 512 L2 cache, 333 Mhz FSB)

2 x 1GB DDR400 (2.5-3-2-5 / dual channel)

Nvidia Geforce 7800GS 256MB (AGP)

Nvidia nForce Audio (onboard)

SATA WD Raptor 36GB C:

SATA Seagate Barracuda 160GB D:

Plextor PX-716SA SATA DVD-RW

Sony DRU-840A DVD-RW 18x

Windows XP Pro SP3 (Build 2600)

DirectX 9.0C

Roxio EMC 10