• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Won't Playback

aimeebartis

Question

I am brand new at this...

I imported analog home movies and created a 33 minute movie using several clips. I have tried 3 times to burn a DVD of the new movie. All three times, the program goes through all the steps and ejects the DVD as complete. But when I re-insert the DVD is wouldn't play. I have tried all 3 DVDs in a regular DVD player and on the computer - no go. When I flip the DVD over I can tell that data has been added to the disk but it wouldn't play.

I'm using DVD-R disks

13 answers to this question

I imported analog home movies and created a 33 minute movie using several clips. I have tried 3 times to burn a DVD of the new movie. All three times, the program goes through all the steps and ejects the DVD as complete. But when I re-insert the DVD is wouldn't play. I have tried all 3 DVDs in a regular DVD player and on the computer - no go. When I flip the DVD over I can tell that data has been added to the disk but it wouldn't play.

I'm using DVD-R disks

What brand discs, and at what speed are you burning? What program are you using to burn, and have you created an .iso image?

What program, in the suite did you use to create your production, and how did you try to burn the production?

Also, try some Verbatim media.

I first I used myDVD then I re-made it in VideoWave. I have tried burning directly from the program (clicking on 'burn'), I have tried saving the project then burning with Windows Media player, I have created an .iso file then burning that. Nothing has played back but all have gone through all the steps to burn and appear to have taken up space on the DVD (by physical appearance on the underside of the disk).

LG brand discs

No idea what speed :huh:

I have tried myDVD and myDVD express

I just created the .iso and burned it the DVD with the same results

It might be that the discs are bad.

As gpb suggests, Verbatim has gotten good reviews in these forums as consistently good media.

Before you burn to a disc, you should be able to choose a burn speed, try burning no faster than 4x. Here's an image showing you where the option is:

burnspeedkf8.jpg

I first I used myDVD then I re-made it in VideoWave. I have tried burning directly from the program (clicking on 'burn'), I have tried saving the project then burning with Windows Media player, I have created an .iso file then burning that. Nothing has played back but all have gone through all the steps to burn and appear to have taken up space on the DVD (by physical appearance on the underside of the disk).

Can you look at the files on the burned DVD using Windows Explorer? What folders and files do you see?

I don't understand what you mean by this statement "I have tried saving the project then burning with Windows Media player"

You cannot save a project and burn it with WMP.

Can you look at the files on the burned DVD using Windows Explorer? What folders and files do you see?

I don't understand what you mean by this statement "I have tried saving the project then burning with Windows Media player"

You cannot save a project and burn it with WMP.

When I choose the burned DVD in My Computer it shows as blank but the back of the disk shows data

I save the project as a video file. Played the file with WMP then choose burn from WMP.

I'm using DVD-R disks

Same problem today! DVD+R Memorex. Using the Roxio software, spent a lot of time putting a really cool video together out of disparate clips, added page turns and music and everything. Went through the burn process, system feedback suggested it was complete, then ejected the disc and provided feedback that the disc was blank. Wouldn't recognize the movie it just told me I burned onto the DVD! Wouldn't play in DVD player, wouldn't play in DVD drive on other computer either - ejected the disc and said "insert disc into drive". What is going on? Please help!

Same problem today! DVD+R Memorex. Using the Roxio software, spent a lot of time putting a really cool video together out of disparate clips, added page turns and music and everything. Went through the burn process, system feedback suggested it was complete, then ejected the disc and provided feedback that the disc was blank. Wouldn't recognize the movie it just told me I burned onto the DVD! Wouldn't play in DVD player, wouldn't play in DVD drive on other computer either - ejected the disc and said "insert disc into drive". What is going on? Please help!

Did you follow the advice given in post #11.

BTW, it is bad etiquette to hijack some ones thread. Unless the you have the same setup as the OP your problem is different.

I would also recommend you start with simple projects and burn them to RW DVDs. That way you don't make too many coasters.

You have not even stated what programs from C2009 your are using or how you burned the DVD.