• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Downloading Videos

LadyV

Question

I really didn't know where to post this. Thanks for your help. Recently I received Creator 2009 and a sony dvd recorder. I want to download some movies from online (legally of course) and then burn/transfer them to a dvd. I can not find the section that shows me how to do this on Creator 2009. Can I download movies and then burn them to a DVD using the Creator 2009. What steps must I take. I am using Window Vista. I can do it using real player but it can only transfer 80 minutes of the movies. That is why I asked for Creator 2009. The salesman said I would be able to install, download and then transfer to a disk. Thanks for your help

5 answers to this question

I really didn't know where to post this. Thanks for your help. Recently I received Creator 2009 and a sony dvd recorder. I want to download some movies from online (legally of course) and then burn/transfer them to a dvd. I can not find the section that shows me how to do this on Creator 2009. Can I download movies and then burn them to a DVD using the Creator 2009. What steps must I take. I am using Window Vista. I can do it using real player but it can only transfer 80 minutes of the movies. That is why I asked for Creator 2009. The salesman said I would be able to install, download and then transfer to a disk. Thanks for your help

Creator 2009 cannot be used to download files from an online source (legal or not).

Creator 2009 cannot be used to download files from an online source (legal or not).

Thanks for taking the time to let me know. I purchased it from a office supply store. The technician stated that I could use it for downloading and burning videos online. I really didn't need to get it if it could not do that. I received nero software with my sony dvd player. Now Im stuck with software, I don't want. Can it be returned to the store even if Ive opened the box or will I just have to eat this one ;)

Can I download movies and then burn them to a DVD using the Creator 2009

Creator 2009 doesn't download videos, but once you have some on your hard drive you can burn them to a DVD using Creator 2009. That will be covered in the manual, which is worth reading if you got one in the box. If you didn't get a manual made from squashed trees, you can get a PDF one off the Roxio site.

Creator 2009 doesn't download videos, but once you have some on your hard drive you can burn them to a DVD using Creator 2009. That will be covered in the manual, which is worth reading if you got one in the box. If you didn't get a manual made from squashed trees, you can get a PDF one off the Roxio site.

Yes as Brendon indicates.

As long as these movies do not contain copy protection, they are just another video clip to the programs in the Suite and treated no differently.

VideoWave for Editing and MyDVD for actually burning a DVD.

Since you are new at this, get a disc or 2 of DVD RW media for testing while you learn.