• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC8 DELUXE Suite w/rebate

creeker69

Question

Hi,

Thanks largely to the Digital guru's in this forum, I decided to go for the EMC8 Deluxe Suite. I had the regular EMC8 Suite. Roxio has been emailing me for over a month to buy it for 99.95. Since it came with the Dazzle capture device also, I figured I'd go for it.

Roxio's catch is that the 99.95 is AFTER the 50.00 rebate. First the rebate certificate is very hard to get but I emailed them and finally got it. BUT, even though I bought the CD version and had it shipped, when it arrived it was the CD inside a CD case only. It did not come with a box or a manual. The CD case (a DVD sized case) came shrink wrapped with nothing in the case except the CD KEY number.

The rebate certificate says to cut out the UPC sysmbol from the box. Since I received no box at all, did they just get me?????

I am very interested in any others that may have purchased the Deluxe Suite this way.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

7 answers to this question

Did you actually get this from Roxio?NO box,how did you get the Dazzle device?Or did you?If you got it from Roxio you should have gotten a box with the cd's (2 of them),the capture device,a printed manual and a couple other papers.Something sounds definately wrong if you purchased this directly from Roxio.I'd be on the phone to them ASAP.

Yes indeed, I got this from Roxio. I clicked on the link in my email. (It is the same that they are offering on their site where they claim EMC8 Deluxe is only 99.95*.....) It came in a UPS box with the dazzle device wrapped in bubble wrap. There was ROXIO box, no manual. Just a packing slip/receipt. Only the Dazzle device and the CD case were in the UPS box. There are two CD's in the DVD sized case. The Deluxe EMC8 disc and the Content disc.

Frankly, I was hoping for the manual and the ROXIO box the same as if I would have bought it from BEST BUY or some place. That is certainly the way it was advertised.

After this last holiday season, I have found that too many manufacturers do not live up to the rebate. I am willing to pay the 99.95 for the Deluxe Suite but I would not pay the 149.95. So, the rebate did it's job. It enticed me to buy the product. But, am I going to be rejected on a technicality of ROXIO's own making and not get the 50.00???

Thanks,

Ron

That's one I can't answer for you as I nor any of the other people trying to help work for Roxio.We're just users like yourself trying to help each other out.Like I said ,if It were me I'd be calling Roxio and asking what's up with that.I'm not sure why they would ship the product like that.Try and give them a call and see what happens.Good Luck.

I purchased the same package, same result and it does ask you to send the UPC code from the box that they don't send you, to get the rebate.

I am going to send them a copy or the packing slip and see what happens there is a UPC code on the back of the CD case; I'm going to send them a copy of that as well.

I don't have a box or manual from an earlier version either, just the CD since I got it from Dell with my computer. I did pay for the deluxe version or the software from them.

They sent me countless e-mails pushing this deal, they had better come through.

The Dazzle didn't work, (it doesn’t seem to work for many people, and they didn’t give me a registration number for that either, so you can’t get tech support from Pinnacle) and I had to go out and spend another $60 on a video capture card.

I'm really beginning to wish I had just bought the capture card and stuck with my old software.

Mike

Guest ivanatrox

If you can send in the packing slip or the printout of the order confirmation e-mail you received, you should be able to receive your rebate.

As long as we can verify that you purchased the previous version directly from us, you will be able to receive your rebate

Ivan

I purchased the new EMC 8 Deluxe Suite the same way and recieved the same package. I talked with customer service today and it does not come with a manuel. All help is online. All you need is a copy of your key number. I installed the program today with no problems and copied a tape from my vcr to the hard drive with Dazzle with no problems. Now I have to figure out how to copy this copied tape to a DVD. I bought this because I have many VHS tapes that I want to transfer to disk. I was thinking of a recorder but I figure I would try this for 99 bucks. I hope it was not a mistake.

There are a couple of things that will help you. First and most basic are the on-line tutorials. and then the on-line manual.

It now depends on what you want to do with that imported (captured) file. You can just burn it to a DVD with or without menus using MYDVD or you can do some editing and then burn it to a DVD using VideoWave and then MyDVD. Not required but perhaps for better results, use the option to create an iso file and then use Disc Copier to copy the iso file to the disc.. Try to stay away from the "Assistants" because, although they are easy to use, do not have all the functions of the full applications.

I purchased the new EMC 8 Deluxe Suite the same way and recieved the same package. I talked with customer service today and it does not come with a manuel. All help is online. All you need is a copy of your key number. I installed the program today with no problems and copied a tape from my vcr to the hard drive with Dazzle with no problems. Now I have to figure out how to copy this copied tape to a DVD. I bought this because I have many VHS tapes that I want to transfer to disk. I was thinking of a recorder but I figure I would try this for 99 bucks. I hope it was not a mistake.

Archived