Adding Music background to Video Wave

ramblin wreck

Question

13 answers to this question

My problem is a little different than Art's. I have 20 minute video comprised of a number of video clips (most with native sound). I added background piano music (wma files) to the production and the music plays fine for awhile and then disappears, usually at the point where another video clip begins; the music seems to make ti through the transition okay but then stops. But, this does not occur at each scene change. Once the music on a given track stops, then all subsequent tracks do not play either. I checked the audio editor on the timeline for all the native sounds on the clips, as well as the music track that I added. I am using EMC8 Videowave. Ay thoughts on this? Thanks.

Francis Nolan

Convert the audio files to .wav or .mp3.

Tell us what you tried so far.

I downloaded CD & compositions appeared in "Add Background Audio". Selected compositons by holding down CTRL key and clicking on desired comp. After selections, clicked on "open". Selected compositons did not download to Video Wave in either "Storyline" or "Timeline" configuration. I have also tried to click and drag the compositions to my project but nothing happens.

I downloaded CD & compositions appeared in "Add Background Audio". Selected compositons by holding down CTRL key and clicking on desired comp. After selections, clicked on "open". Selected compositons did not download to Video Wave in either "Storyline" or "Timeline" configuration. I have also tried to click and drag the compositions to my project but nothing happens.

You need to rip your CD's to your hard drive, using Creator Classic. I always rip as .wav or .mp3 files, because I have never had a problem with them in VideoWave.

You can't just add files from your CD, because they are CDA files and not supported by this program.

You need to rip your CD's to your hard drive, using Creator Classic. I always rip as .wav or .mp3 files, because I have never had a problem with them in VideoWave.

You can't just add files from your CD, because they are CDA files and not supported by this program.

My downloaded CD appears in Creator Classic as mp3 files. Even so, I still cannot get them to the sound track in Video Wave.

My downloaded CD appears in Creator Classic as mp3 files. Even so, I still cannot get them to the sound track in Video Wave.

Did you copy those mp3's to your hard drive? What is bit rate and audio sample rate of those mp3's?

None of my mp3's have a bit rat lower than 128 kbps and an audio sample rate less than 44Khz. Your mp3's may not be compatible with VideoWave. Click on one of them, just to see if it plays in Windows Media Player.

Thanks for the replies. The music plays sometimes and sometimes not when I try to play sections of it while building the show. I went ahead and burned a DVD to see what happened there. While in MyDVD, using preview everything played perfectly, as it did on the final DVD. Only when playing the video from storyline or timeline did I have this problem. While the video played okay all the time, sometimes the audio played and sometimes not; sometimes the audio started out okay and then would stop. Thanks again.

You can fit that production to a standard 4.7GB DVD. In MyDVD, instead of burning to a disc, uncheck that option, and burn it to an image (ISO) file. Just give it a name that you will remember, and burn it to a location on your hard drive, that you will be able to find later. I usually make a folder beforehand.

Once you have burned that ISO file, open Disc Copier, click on the Source drop down box, and click on Browse for Disc Image......Folder. Browse to your ISO file, click on it. A separate window will open, and when it does, click on the Entire DVD option and click on Okay. Now you burn it to a DVD.

Disc Copier will compress it to fit. In your case, there will not be much compression, because a standard DVD will hold 1 hour of video at best quality.

Thanks for your method of using my existing DVD blanks. I had gone out to look for higher capacity DVDs but at places I checked nearby they were quite expensive so I decided to wait until I could go to cheaper outlets. When I came home, I found your reply. It took a long time to create the ISO file but when you are retired, time is cheap. I have now completed the DVD but have not had a chance to view it entirely yet. You saved me a bundle and I certainly appreciate your support.

Art Davis

Thanks for your method of using my existing DVD blanks. I had gone out to look for higher capacity DVDs but at places I checked nearby they were quite expensive so I decided to wait until I could go to cheaper outlets. When I came home, I found your reply. It took a long time to create the ISO file but when you are retired, time is cheap. I have now completed the DVD but have not had a chance to view it entirely yet. You saved me a bundle and I certainly appreciate your support.

Art Davis

You are welcome. One thing to keep in mind though. You need a DL compatible DVD burner to burn those expensive DL discs that you found yesterday. Not all DVD burners can use that type of media.

Did you copy those mp3's to your hard drive? What is bit rate and audio sample rate of those mp3's?

None of my mp3's have a bit rat lower than 128 kbps and an audio sample rate less than 44Khz. Your mp3's may not be compatible with VideoWave. Click on one of them, just to see if it plays in Windows Media Player.

I finally got the tracks (Copland Classical selections) to download onto my Video Wave project. First of all, I went through the cut and try method of cleaning up all the bits and pieces that had downloaded in my many attempts to get tracks for the entirety of my project. After this clean-up, I downloaded enough to cover the entire 1 hour and 5 min. of my project. I checked in Timeline and it shows that what I downloaded is on the sound track. I then tried to put it on DVD and found that my project is over 5GB and my DVD blank has a capacity of only 4.7GB so I still have a problem but hope to find a DVD blank with more capacity.

I thank you for sticking with me and complying to my problems. As you can see, I am a greenhorn with Roxie and have much to learn but with no support from Roxie, its great that people like you are around and are will ing to help the dummies like me.

Thanks,

Art Davis

I finally got the tracks (Copland Classical selections) to download onto my Video Wave project. First of all, I went through the cut and try method of cleaning up all the bits and pieces that had downloaded in my many attempts to get tracks for the entirety of my project. After this clean-up, I downloaded enough to cover the entire 1 hour and 5 min. of my project. I checked in Timeline and it shows that what I downloaded is on the sound track. I then tried to put it on DVD and found that my project is over 5GB and my DVD blank has a capacity of only 4.7GB so I still have a problem but hope to find a DVD blank with more capacity.

I thank you for sticking with me and complying to my problems. As you can see, I am a greenhorn with Roxie and have much to learn but with no support from Roxie, its great that people like you are around and are will ing to help the dummies like me.

Thanks,

Art Davis

You can fit that production to a standard 4.7GB DVD. In MyDVD, instead of burning to a disc, uncheck that option, and burn it to an image (ISO) file. Just give it a name that you will remember, and burn it to a location on your hard drive, that you will be able to find later. I usually make a folder beforehand.

Once you have burned that ISO file, open Disc Copier, click on the Source drop down box, and click on Browse for Disc Image......Folder. Browse to your ISO file, click on it. A separate window will open, and when it does, click on the Entire DVD option and click on Okay. Now you burn it to a DVD.

Disc Copier will compress it to fit. In your case, there will not be much compression, because a standard DVD will hold 1 hour of video at best quality.

My problem is a little different than Art's. I have 20 minute video comprised of a number of video clips (most with native sound). I added background piano music (wma files) to the production and the music plays fine for awhile and then disappears, usually at the point where another video clip begins; the music seems to make ti through the transition okay but then stops. But, this does not occur at each scene change. Once the music on a given track stops, then all subsequent tracks do not play either. I checked the audio editor on the timeline for all the native sounds on the clips, as well as the music track that I added. I am using EMC8 Videowave. Ay thoughts on this? Thanks.

Francis Nolan

Archived