Cineplayer Fails To Start

jnh21146

Question

I have upgraded my system to include an AGP card compatible with DirectX 9 to be compatible with the video components in Creator 9. When I attempted to play a DVD on Cineplayer, I received a Message Dialog: "An application file appears to be missing or corrupt. Please reinstall this application." I then reinstalled the Roxio software using the "clean installation" guidance in article ID 000086CR. The installation was successful. However, when I attempted to play the DVD, I got the same message. I need help to get this Cineplayer to work. I have a Dell Dimension XPS T600 running Windows XP w/SP3. Please advise.

1 answer to this question

I tried repairing the Roxio software using the repair option in Program Removal window. That didn't work. I don't know if the application file is one from the "Contents" disk or not. But the Program Removal tools don't allow for a repair of this program, only removal, which is not what I want to do.