• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Got Pinnacle Stuio 12 For Christmas

m5zealot

Question

Happy Holidays all! I got Pinnacle Studio 12 for Xmas from a friend. I have played with the program on his PC and like some of the features. It is definitely not as intuitive at EMC10! I don't think it has a "slow motion" feature which I use a lot for my movie editing. He hates EMC10 and wants me to switch. I was wondering if I can install Pinnacle and have it too? I know Roxio is fussy but I do have Nero 8 installed and so far have not had any conflicts between the programs. (I use Nero for DVD copying because it is 10x faster than EMC10) It would be nice to have both programs since Pinnacle has so much more content for DVD movie projects. I know many have said that as long as you don't have two different DVD authoring programs on the same PC.....there should be no conflicts.

4 answers to this question

Happy Holidays all! I got Pinnacle Studio 12 for Xmas from a friend. I have played with the program on his PC and like some of the features. It is definitely not as intuitive at EMC10! I don't think it has a "slow motion" feature which I use a lot for my movie editing. He hates EMC10 and wants me to switch. I was wondering if I can install Pinnacle and have it too? I know Roxio is fussy but I do have Nero 8 installed and so far have not had any conflicts between the programs. (I use Nero for DVD copying because it is 10x faster than EMC10) It would be nice to have both programs since Pinnacle has so much more content for DVD movie projects. I know many have said that as long as you don't have two different DVD authoring programs on the same PC.....there should be no conflicts.

You can have all 3 programs installed without problems as long as you avoid the packet writing programs.

But I questions some of your comments. Nero 10x faster then EMC 10 in copying DVDs? You will have to prove that :rolleyes:

What "more content" does Pinnacle have than EMC?

I used to have Pinnacle installed but dumped it after a short while.

You can have all 3 programs installed without problems as long as you avoid the packet writing programs.

But I questions some of your comments. Nero 10x faster then EMC 10 in copying DVDs? You will have to prove that :rolleyes:

What "more content" does Pinnacle have than EMC?

I used to have Pinnacle installed but dumped it after a short while.

Thanks for the reply. I have no proof to show except that it usually takes about 20 minutes to copy a full length movie with Nero and It has taken as long as two hours with the same movie with EMC12. Maybe its my settings? I also use Nero to make compilation DVDs of Top Gear shows from the BBC. Nero burned 4 shows in 28 minutes. I tried to used EMC12 and I aborted the project after an hour. Just my experience....again maybe I don't have correct setting Anyway both programs work for me so no need to get rid of either.

How do I identify these "packets?" I know Nero "In CD" and EMC drag to disc features conflict.....that's why I don't have them installed. BTW why did you tank Pinnacle? I found it a little harder to use but that's probably because I'm so used to EMC10.

Thanks for the reply. I have no proof to show except that it usually takes about 20 minutes to copy a full length movie with Nero and It has taken as long as two hours with the same movie with EMC12. Maybe its my settings? I also use Nero to make compilation DVDs of Top Gear shows from the BBC. Nero burned 4 shows in 28 minutes. I tried to used EMC12 and I aborted the project after an hour. Just my experience....again maybe I don't have correct setting Anyway both programs work for me so no need to get rid of either.

How do I identify these "packets?" I know Nero "In CD" and EMC drag to disc features conflict.....that's why I don't have them installed. BTW why did you tank Pinnacle? I found it a little harder to use but that's probably because I'm so used to EMC10.

EMC 10 does not copy commercial full length movies nor does Nero so I don't know what you are referring to here.

I found Pinnacle too confusing and lacking in some of the features I was looking for but then I was more used to EMC.

You got your answer, and I don't see this thread progressing to anything useful. Tell your friend that you switched.