• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Dvd Movie To Mpeg4 Format For Ipod

RGD

Question

<_< I just bought DVD Copy 4 Premier as recommended by the sales guy at the store to convert my DVD movies (actually shows) to my Ipod (MPEG4 format). Have launched to encoding program for more than 2 hours now and I am only 25% done. At this rate, it will take the entire day to convert ONE DVD. Is it normal or should I do someting else? Thanks for your help.

2 answers to this question

<_< I just bought DVD Copy 4 Premier as recommended by the sales guy at the store to convert my DVD movies (actually shows) to my Ipod (MPEG4 format). Have launched to encoding program for more than 2 hours now and I am only 25% done. At this rate, it will take the entire day to convert ONE DVD. Is it normal or should I do someting else? Thanks for your help.

Encoding video to highly compressed format will take lots of time especially if you slower computer. Since you have not listed any information about your system or the timelength of the video you are encoding, it is hard to say if the time required is reasonable.

While encoding, you can pretty much forget about using your computer for anything else.