• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

carlbarry

Video Effects Disappeared?!

Question

Am I going crazy? A couple of days ago I temporarily used a Video Effect, I believe it's called Polyhedron. Now that I want to apply it to a scene, it is gone from the list. Also, several other video effects seem to be missing. Now I'm not that stupid--I do have the selector set to "All"! But what happened to my missing Video Effects? Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Did you change the rendering option from Hardware to Software? Check that in Videowave.

Yes I did!!!! My menus were coming out black, and I was advised to change that setting to Software. I guess that solved one problem and created another! Thank you.

Only real cure for that is a better graphics card in the computer.

Software rendering loses out on a lot of the transitions but is the only option when the graphics system just doesn't have the muscle for hardware rendering

Only real cure for that is a better graphics card in the computer.

Software rendering loses out on a lot of the transitions but is the only option when the graphics system just doesn't have the muscle for hardware rendering

Gosh, I have a new quad-core Media Center computer. I thought it has a pretty good graphics card-an NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT. So that's not good enough?

That should be able to handle hardware render (persuming you have the 256 MB RAM)

Check on the nVidia site for the latest divers and also get the latest DirectX 9 from MS

Don't use mS drivers or the ones that came with your computer - they could be quite a bit out of date

This same thing happened to me but my setings say hardware is there any other reason.

You may have the same symptoms but the disease may be different. Please sart your own thread and answer all these questions.

Update the drivers for your video device - don't believe Widows that it is up to date and try again. If that doesn't work, switch to SOFTWARE. Your video devcei may not be up to the task.