Vist 64-bit Media Import Buttons Not Working

ericsinak

Question

Hi,

I just bout the Creator 2009 Special Edition with USB capture dongle from Costco. So far, everything is great and I am able to capture video beautifully. However, I have a problem with the 2 buttons in the Roxio Media Import page, the "Options" and "Enhance Picture" buttons do not bring up any windows or allow me to select any options. When I click on them, they momentarily show bold, but then nothing happens. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've tried the buttons with the USB device as the capture device as well as the HP web cam and it doesn't work with either device.

Here's the details of my install:

HP Laptop dv4-1125nr 4 Gig memory 2.0 Ghz dual core processor.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP 1 64-bit OS

Intel 4 graphics chipset

250 GB hard drive

Media Creator 2009 SE/Club

Version: 1.1.110 SP2; 4.50.05a

Build: 111B10E, R05; 411B33A, R05

This is a pretty frustrating issue, and I've searched the forums and internet for any information but did not find anything.

I'll also email customer support directly and update this thread with anything they come up with.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Eric

2 answers to this question

If the buttons appear, they should work. I am unsure if those buttons are part of the 2009 package or come from the Roxio USB Capture device install. – the Roxio is the only USB A/D device I have.

They do not even appear if I use a Firewire A/D device.

You do realize they cannot be accessed during capture, but only when you are not capturing?

Honestly they offer very little. You can make blanket adjustments to capture but that should be done in VideoWave which offers greater control. You can also choose a different sound source to be put into your Video while capturing. – same thing can be done in VW only with greater precision options.

I could go into detail why I have yet to use them, but you should be getting the idea by now :lol:

I suggest you wait a little to see if one of the Guru's who don't have the Roxio Device can check these and weigh in on your Topic.

I appreciate your reply and will include some answers to your post below.

If the buttons appear, they should work. I am unsure if those buttons are part of the 2009 package or come from the Roxio USB Capture device install. – the Roxio is the only USB A/D device I have.

That's what I would have thought, if they appear, they should work. When I mouse over them, they highlight. However, all that happens for me is that they turn bold momentariliy when I press them, but then nothing else happens. No window pops up, no options become visible. Nothing. It's a very odd problem.

They do not even appear if I use a Firewire A/D device.

You do realize they cannot be accessed during capture, but only when you are not capturing?

I realize they can only be used prior to capture, and they do "grey out" when I start a capture. They are visible both with the Roxio USB A/D device as well as HP's laptop built-in webcam.

Honestly they offer very little. You can make blanket adjustments to capture but that should be done in VideoWave which offers greater control. You can also choose a different sound source to be put into your Video while capturing. – same thing can be done in VW only with greater precision options.

I could go into detail why I have yet to use them, but you should be getting the idea by now :lol:

I suggest you wait a little to see if one of the Guru's who don't have the Roxio Device can check these and weigh in on your Topic.

I realize they probably offer very little, but my puzzlement is why they are not working. I've also looked for minimized windows when I click on them to see if the window is hidden somewhere. Nothing is apparent after I click on them. Very weird.

The rest of the software appears to be working as advertised and I'm very pleased with the A/D capture using the USB device.

Thanks again.

Edited by ericsinak