• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Won't Burn

anfurnee

Question

Please help me, I don't know the PC world. I have a Dell Desk Top Vista SP 1, 2 GB Ram.

My drive is a Pioneer DVD+-RW DR-K17Y.

My burning software is Roxio Creator DE.

About 5 months a go my burner quit burning. When it got to the verifing part it stoped and ejected the +DVD. I tried a - DVD and it worked fine for a few days. Now it won't burn at all. In Roxio Creator the bottom left of of the window where is shows a DVD and the type it is, it show the DVD is part full or all full when in fact it's an empty DVD. Roxio Creator ejects the DVD stating to put in a DVD with more room. What can I do to fix it? Thank you.

8 answers to this question

Please help me, I don't know the PC world. I have a Dell Desk Top Vista SP 1, 2 GB Ram.

My drive is a Pioneer DVD+-RW DR-K17Y.

My burning software is Roxio Creator DE.

About 5 months a go my burner quit burning. When it got to the verifing part it stoped and ejected the +DVD. I tried a - DVD and it worked fine for a few days. Now it won't burn at all. In Roxio Creator the bottom left of of the window where is shows a DVD and the type it is, it show the DVD is part full or all full when in fact it's an empty DVD. Roxio Creator ejects the DVD stating to put in a DVD with more room. What can I do to fix it? Thank you.

Are you formatting the disc or is it right out of the box? Waht are you trying to burn?

Try updating the firmware for your burner. Follow the instructions exactly or you will make a doorstop out of your burner. Go to the Pioneer web site and dr5ownload the firmware. Roxio uses the information coming from the burner to do the burn. It has no specific Roxio drivers or other to make that happen.

I'm going to assume that you have a Dell computer. Go to their site to get help and firmware.

Pay attention to where you post. This is the second time you posted in the 2009 Software Forum and you don't even have that software...

Say Jim, Some of us don't know nothing to a little about computers. So if I misplace my question it's not the end of the world. It goes to show you how much help I really need. But instead of helping, you sound like a grumpy man that hates doing what he's doing. You didn't even answer my question you sniveled about posting in the wrong forum. You could've done both, sniveled and then answered the question. Don't like helping people like me then quit. But thanks for the help you did try to give and to Skins for the real help.

Just in case this don't get deleted thank you Skins for your help. To answer your questions.

Are you formatting the disc or is it right out of the box? I'm using them right out of the box. Should I be formatting the disc?

What are you trying to burn? .ISO movies.

In the Roxio window the lower left side where it shows the type of DVD going to be burned and if it's full or empty. Now that DVD window all ways shows it's full, when it has nothing on it. What can cause that? How can I fix it? Thank you again.

Say Jim, Some of us don't know nothing to a little about computers. So if I misplace my question it's not the end of the world. It goes to show you how much help I really need. But instead of helping, you sound like a grumpy man that hates doing what he's doing. You didn't even answer my question you sniveled about posting in the wrong forum. You could've done both, sniveled and then answered the question. Don't like helping people like me then quit. But thanks for the help you did try to give and to Skins for the real help.

<snip>

The reason it is important which Version you post in, is the answers can be different depending on which Version. I've seen posts get what turned out to be completely incorrect answers for the OP's problem because the answer was based on where it was posted - it was only after it was discovered which Version the OP actually had that correct info could be given. It is unfortunate that sales decided to call Version 11 "Creator 2009" which causes it to be confused with "Easy Media Creator 9".

BTW - this is a User's Forum, Roxio and Sonic staff rarely show up. We are here because we choose to be.

And NO, you should NOT be formatting the disc unless you want to risk losing the data. Formatted discs can be used for temporary things like transferring files when the original is safely on the originating computer, but is NOT a good way to archive files for future reference.

The Dell Forums are here.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109

Just in case this don't get deleted thank you Skins for your help. To answer your questions.

Are you formatting the disc or is it right out of the box? I'm using them right out of the box. Should I be formatting the disc?

What are you trying to burn? .ISO movies.

In the Roxio window the lower left side where it shows the type of DVD going to be burned and if it's full or empty. Now that DVD window all ways shows it's full, when it has nothing on it. What can cause that? How can I fix it? Thank you again.

anfurnee,

Place one of these disc's your software shows as not empty, in the DVD Drive. Open My Computer and right click on the drive icon with the disc, then click properties, this is windows not any Roxio software checking it. Below is what a empty disc looks like, now what does your show, checking like this?

post-97-1230770935.png

cd

anfurnee,

Place one of these disc's your software shows as not empty, in the DVD Drive. Open My Computer and right click on the drive icon with the disc, then click properties, this is windows not any Roxio software checking it. Below is what a empty disc looks like, now what does your show, checking like this?

post-97-1230770935.png

cd

When I do that it shows just like the photo but after I tried burning it, it showed full with 0 bytes for all three numbers, used, full, and capacity.

What's the same or different from yours to this, be specific!

post-97-1231010810.png

cd

The only difference is the burned DVD after using Roxio. The color is pink before blue after. But the free space byte amount is 0. The used space is 0 bytes. The capacity is 0 bytes. All three bytes are 0. Roxio say burned but properties say 0 bytes. DVD player will not play the DVD. Thanks.