Installation Of Creator 2009

Jolly174

Question

I'm trying to install Creator 2009 and the installation hangs at "installing Microsoft .net v3.5

Any ideas to help me get past this?

Thanks

By any chance have you downloaded any .net files from Microsoft lately. Especially the .net 3.5. I have heard it causes problems with C2009 installation.

Frank...

I'm trying to install Creator 2009 and the installation hangs at "installing Microsoft .net v3.5

Any ideas to help me get past this?

Thanks

I have just received my CDROM version of Creator 2009. Before running the installation, I removed a previous Roxio software-Creator Premier SD 10.1. This was supplied by DELL. I followed all the removal procedures for a clean uninstall. I ran my registry cleaner to remove the Roxio registry items. I ran msconfig to disable all my start up programs, turned off my Mcafee suite and disabled my modem to stay off the internet.

When running the installation wizard the first time, it went as far installing MS .net v3.5. Then proceded to stop, telling me that the installation was interupted and I should try to install again later. I have tried several more times to run the software installation but receive the same interuption error and automatic shut down.

What am I missing? I thought this would be a straight forward installation?

My System:

• DELL Dimension E521 - OS: MSW XP Professional MCE - SP3
  • RAM - 3 GB 120 GB of available storage on C drive
  • AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
  • Video Processor - GeForce 7300 LE
Edited by roximoron

Same problem-bought Cd from roxio---Has anyone been able to get through to roxio as to why they are selling software that can't be installed? In all my years of computer using I have never had a problem like this--right out of the box failing to install.

Same problem-bought Cd from roxio---Has anyone been able to get through to roxio as to why they are selling software that can't be installed? In all my years of computer using I have never had a problem like this--right out of the box failing to install.

No information other then "my car won't start" :blink:

I have had no problem installing Roxio software nor have thousands of others.

I have to say that after reading that so many other people are having installation problems I now know that there is a bug in this. There is NO reason for this software not to load right from the get go. I/You shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops ie: uninstall this, load that, clean your registry etc. This software should load and work without any hiccups.

And for myguggi... this is a crap answer because for all the thousands that have loaded it there are an equal amout of people who can't.

No information other then "my car won't start" :blink:

I have had no problem installing Roxio software nor have thousands of others.

Roxio will lose many current and potential customers just from a tarnished reputation from all the bad comments in forums like this. I know that if Roxio doesn't have a very good answer or solution to this dilema on Monday when I call (since they choose not to have support on the weekends) I personally will never recommend their products again. This will be the last of my dollars I give to Roxio. Other people feel the same way, I'm sure.

Okay, new day fresh start.

1. I followed the clean install/uninstall instructions to the letter.
  2. I removed .Net Framework v3.5.
  3. I disabled my antivirus and remained off the internet.
  4. I inserted the disk and ran the install wizard.
  5. The wizard installed .Net 3.5 again - okay
  6. Then it came to a stop at trying to install Direct X and shut down showing the window in my previous post about interuption.
  7. I opened the Roxio Creator 2009 installation folder to examine its contents and noticed a folder named DIRECTX_NOV07.
  8. I currently have a folder named DirectX in my WINDOWS/system32 folder. It contains a subfolder named Dinput. This folder contains only images of various game controllers and configuration settings files. (tablets w/gears as an icon when using views/thumbnails)
  9. Is this creating a conflict even though the two folders contain entirely different files?
  10. I also did a search and discovered that there are d3dx9 files already on my system for other applications. These are also contained in the Creator 2009 Setup/DIRECTX_NOV07 folder. Is this a problem and if so why?
  11. Also, should any of the service packs be preinstalled before my next attempt at installing C2009?

Right now I feel like Andre Delambre, the scientist in the original movie "The Fly", when he is trapped in the spiders web by the park bench yelling (in a squeaky voice) "HELP ME! HELP ME!" So can someone offer an explanation as to what I am doing wrong so I can "get my car started".

Edited by roximoron

Have you read this??

Installation of Creator 2009 is interrupted and can't be completed.

During the installation of DirectX 9 portions of Creator 2009, the installation halts, rolls back, then gives an error that the install has been interrupted and cannot be completed.

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000214CR

cd

Thanks CD. :) The link provided the correct info. "My car is running" :rolleyes: so I will take it for a test drive over the next few days and see how it handles. Just to be clear on all that was discussed here and for anyone else that reads this thread, the correct installation/reinstallation procedure is as follows:

1. Follow the Roxio Clean Install procedure described in the pinned post entitled Clean Install For C2009.
  2. Uninstall .Net Framework v3.5
  3. Follow the steps stated here: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000214CR to prevent DirectX 9 issues.
  4. Disable system antivirus/firewall. Then take modem offline to prevent internet activity. Reboot.
  5. Run installation wizard.
  6. Reconfigure start up programs using "msconfig". Reboot
  7. Bring system antivirus/firewall online. Do the same for the modem.

It is everything that I followed to have success. Is this summary accurate? This was a lot of digging to get an out of the box software to run. Thanks for all your help to everyone.

36_1_55.gif12.gif52.gif23_28_125.gif

Edited by Lord Roxio

Thanks CD. :) The link provided the correct info. "My car is running" :rolleyes: so I will take it for a test drive over the next few days and see how it handles. Just to be clear on all that was discussed here and for anyone else that reads this thread, the correct installation/reinstallation procedure is as follows:

1. Follow the Roxio Clean Install procedure described in the pinned post entitled Clean Install For C2009.
  2. Uninstall .Net Framework v3.5
  3. Follow the steps stated here: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000214CR to prevent DirectX 9 issues.
  4. Disable system antivirus/firewall. Then take modem offline to prevent internet activity. Reboot.
  5. Run installation wizard.
  6. Reconfigure start up programs using "msconfig". Reboot
  7. Bring system antivirus/firewall online. Do the same for the modem.

It is everything that I followed to have success. Is this summary accurate? This was a lot of digging to get an out of the box software to run. Thanks for all your help to everyone.

36_1_55.gif12.gif52.gif23_28_125.gif

Thanks for the great instructions! I installed and it worked out. However, I had to apply the 2009ContentDiscError_Hotfix immediately prior to the 2nd installation attempt (no boot required after application of hotfix) because I got an error stating I had to install EMC 10 Content during the 1st attempt. However, I downloaded the hotfix immediately after the first attempt, applied it, and run the installation wizard again and it completed successfully. I had put in over 7 hours trying to install Creator 2009 before I found your post. Thank you so much for your help. I am so happy to get this done. Now I can go to sleep...just after I burn my first DVD. Thanks again!!!

That is great news Kimosh. I claim no "Guru" status here. I just tried to create a list of the steps for installation that worked for me and to have all the information in one place. New users can bounce all over the place trying to solve install issues. I received lots of help from the forum elite members and along with my patience was able to complete the installation.

This software is very quirky. Don't be surprised if you have to perform this procedure again as C2009 will malfunction when you least expect it. I have had to perform the clean uninstall/install at least 6 times since my purchase. If one of the features breaks down, it requires an clean uninstall/install to fix it. There is no repair option on the disk when loading and it's an all or nothing installation. That's the only think that bothers me. As a user I should be able to choose what features I want to load and be able to repair them from the disk without a complete uninstall.

Anyway, I'm glad your "car is running now". Have fun.

We have all complained about the lack of selective install/uninstall and the repair option - but it never was restored

Re-installing - just be VERY careful with registry cleaners (some people think they should run those all the time and then wonder why a program got 'broken ;) )

Do the actual software designers actually read these threads and posts of this forum? They should just for customer feedback on how their product is working. Dahhhh! Nothing like flying with blinders on.

I don't use my registry cleaner unless I have removed a program or get unexpected errors frequently. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

Edited by Lord Roxio

That's great for those with the physical box of Roxio Creator 2009, however that EXACT same problen has happened to me on DOWNLOADABLE purchase. How do I restart the download with that error. VERY, VERY frustrated with Roxio support and I've had Creator for YEARS!

Please help me start my car!

Any time you download an installation file you really should back it up on CD or DVD and kep it safe

However, to try to get the horse back into the stable after locking the door, contact Customer Services and explain your situation

Edited by gi7omy

After hour of messing around to get this program to load I followed the instructions by rookie which were as follows. I am now jumping for joy. The following worked a treat.

Follow the Roxio Clean Install procedure described in the pinned post entitled Clean Install For C2009.

Uninstall .Net Framework v3.5

Follow the steps stated here: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000214CR to prevent DirectX 9 issues.

Disable system antivirus/firewall. Then take modem offline to prevent internet activity. Reboot.

Run installation wizard.

Reconfigure start up programs using "msconfig". Reboot

Bring system antivirus/firewall online. Do the same for the modem.

Thanks Rookie

• Like 1

Thank you Lord (full bow). Seriously this sort of specific guidance is exactly what these forums are all about. Thank you.

I have a question about the .NET 3.5 uninstall. Last April '08 I finally had to throw in the towel on getting EMC 10 to install. This April '09, I am going to give it another go. I took the clean install notes a step further by completly wiping my system drive and installing a fresh version of Windows XP. XP has been fully patched including .NET 3.5. Everything now runs perfectly. I have purchased Roxio Creator 2009 and plan on moving forward.

My question is, should I uninstall .NET 3.5 as you recommend in your post? Any thoughts appreciated.

My System:

Dell Dimension 8300

Intel Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz

Windows XP Home, SP3

Video: ATI Radeon X1650 PRO 512MB DDR2 (Catalyst Control Center and Avivo Video installed)

Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

RAM: 4GB

System Drive: 120 GB, 82 GB free (other data drives in use)

Thank you Lord (full bow). Seriously this sort of specific guidance is exactly what these forums are all about. Thank you.

I have a question about the .NET 3.5 uninstall. Last April '08 I finally had to throw in the towel on getting EMC 10 to install. This April '09, I am going to give it another go. I took the clean install notes a step further by completly wiping my system drive and installing a fresh version of Windows XP. XP has been fully patched including .NET 3.5. Everything now runs perfectly. I have purchased Roxio Creator 2009 and plan on moving forward.

My question is, should I uninstall .NET 3.5 as you recommend in your post? Any thoughts appreciated.

My System:

Dell Dimension 8300

Intel Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz

Windows XP Home, SP3

Video: ATI Radeon X1650 PRO 512MB DDR2 (Catalyst Control Center and Avivo Video installed)

Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

RAM: 4GB

System Drive: 120 GB, 82 GB free (other data drives in use)

I would not bow too deep, his info is either somewhat incorrect or in the form of a question?…

XP – SP3 only goes to .NET 3.0. I am curious as to where/why you put 3.5 on and its' SP1???

In any case, if it were mine, I would delete it although I have install 2009 over it in a Vista PC…