Toast 7 .0.2 problems

antomo

Question

:) i'm not able to burn using Toast.everithing is ok burning whit the finder.if i try to burn whit toast,the burning process stop.Message"Medium Error" "sense code..." "sense key..."

1)i tryed different media,2) apple change my drive, but i'm not able to burn anything.

Any Help?

8 answers to this question

Man all you guys up here sure like to pass the buck on this problem. I have a replaced Superdrive in my G4 dual 1ghz. I can burn ANYTHING with Disk Utility. ANYTHING. But I get errors all the time with Toast, namely the Sense Read Errors others have reported. Mainly for me whenever I try to burn ANY CD-R or CD-RW with Data. I can make audio CD's, I can make DVD's. NADA on the Data scene. I have tried multiple different manufacturers of different media, and it still FU's. So, If I can use Disk Utility, and Disc Blaze etc to burn the same data disc with no problems, the process of elimination leads to only one conclusion. Toast is screwed up and the cause of the problem. Stop making apologies and making everyone feel like they are stupid for asking, when most of you are the ones who are clueless simply because you have not had a problem yourself.

Are you not able to burn either CDs or DVDs or is the problem just with DVDs? What kind of media have you tried? You might try again but this time lower the burning speed. When you click the burn button a window opens where the default burning speed is "Best." Choose a lower speed that is in bold text (the italic text speeds are not available for that specific media and drive).

Since this is an Apple-provided drive you can check the Apple support site for any firmware updates.

Crossing the fingers,this way seem to work!

i' tryed another good brand and slowing the speed,seems fine.

i haven't burn any DVD yet, but CD are ok

Thank You very much for Your help

Man all you guys up here sure like to pass the buck on this problem. I have a replaced Superdrive in my G4 dual 1ghz. I can burn ANYTHING with Disk Utility. ANYTHING. But I get errors all the time with Toast, namely the Sense Read Errors others have reported. Mainly for me whenever I try to burn ANY CD-R or CD-RW with Data. I can make audio CD's, I can make DVD's. NADA on the Data scene. I have tried multiple different manufacturers of different media, and it still FU's. So, If I can use Disk Utility, and Disc Blaze etc to burn the same data disc with no problems, the process of elimination leads to only one conclusion. Toast is screwed up and the cause of the problem. Stop making apologies and making everyone feel like they are stupid for asking, when most of you are the ones who are clueless simply because you have not had a problem yourself.

I've decided to replace my mature reply to your rant with a less mature one. Rather than seek help with Toast you've decided to attack me and others who try to troubleshoot issues in this forum. You state that I "pass the buck", am "making apologies" for Toast and "making everyone feel like they are stupid for asking." You also say that most of us are "clueless."

If I was younger it would be time to ask you to step outside so we can settle this like men. But at my age I don't need the hospital bill. So you got your hits in, slugger, and I'm still standing. Meanwhile, I hope your karma causes the hard drive to crash without a backup.

Ta Ta

Geez, a little bit of anger there on your first post ever. So you had a bad experience, it doesnt mean that others dont want to find the root of the problem rather then assuming testing a different app is the ultimate solution.

:) i'm not able to burn using Toast.everithing is ok burning whit the finder.if i try to burn whit toast,the burning process stop.Message"Medium Error" "sense code..." "sense key..."

1)i tryed different media,2) apple change my drive, but i'm not able to burn anything.

Any Help?

Are you not able to burn either CDs or DVDs or is the problem just with DVDs? What kind of media have you tried? You might try again but this time lower the burning speed. When you click the burn button a window opens where the default burning speed is "Best." Choose a lower speed that is in bold text (the italic text speeds are not available for that specific media and drive).

Since this is an Apple-provided drive you can check the Apple support site for any firmware updates.

If Roxio had a functional tech support system, there wouldn't be these rants. Instead, the only responses I ever see is "try another brand of Media" and "get the latest firmware update for your drive". Duh.

And have you ever tried the TwilightZone "Ask Rozanne" merry-go-round? If Roxio doesn't get its act together, I for one won't be a future customer.

Archived