• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Download Creator 2009

kagnew

Question

I have just purchased the box version of Roxio Creator 2009 for USPS delivery, have my receipt and a CD Key. I would like to download the software to begin using it right away and can't find any way to do this on the site. Can you give me instructions on how to do this please?

Thanks......

6 answers to this question

I have just purchased the box version of Roxio Creator 2009 for USPS delivery, have my receipt and a CD Key. I would like to download the software to begin using it right away and can't find any way to do this on the site. Can you give me instructions on how to do this please?

Thanks......

You can't, unless you want to pay again.

Thanks grandpabruce for the quick reply. I've never heard of that with any software I've ever purchased. You can even download M$ products to try out. Maybe I should have looked at other software before taking the leap.

The choice was yours, you had to go around the big Buy Download button to click the Buy DVD button…

post-39730-1230809512.jpg

Had you picked Download there was an option to get a backup CD.

Right Jim, I'm going to pay $17 more for just a backup disc than a full, boxed version. I can wait, just wanted to get some work done during the holidays while I had some free time.

Having dealt with PC software for nearly 20 years, I've never had the occasion to come across a company that works this way. At the minimum I've seen trials for a few days (just purchased Network Magic after a 7-day trial) where you could at least get a look at what you're buying.

I've always used Roxio to burn DVDs and like their products, but I don't think this is very good for business. But they seem to be doing ok so what do I know?

Good point Brendon. Experienced some Sonic software once as crapware on a new PC and didn't think much of it. So many good software companies have been gobbled up by not so good companies and ruined them. Seems like they just buy the competition to squelch them.

SoftQuad's HotMetalPro authoring tool - ruined by Corel, then disappeared.

Jasc Paint Shop Pro - being ruined by Corel

And the list goes on and on.