Sign in to follow this  
mama2sinead

Creator And Video Capture Usb

Question

4 answers to this question

Lynn,

What Name Brand and Model #, video camera are you using? What type of recordable media is used in the video camera?

cd

Lynn,

What Name Brand and Model #, video camera are you using? What type of recordable media is used in the video camera?

cd

I have 2 video cameras that I want to use it with. One is quite old - it's a Sony Video8XR - Model # CCDTRV15. The other is newer - it's a Pansonic PV-GS19. I'm mostly interested in getting the tapes from the Sony transferred. They're mostly baby video!

Thanks so much for your help!

Lynn

I have 2 video cameras that I want to use it with. One is quite old - it's a Sony Video8XR - Model # CCDTRV15. The other is newer - it's a Pansonic PV-GS19. I'm mostly interested in getting the tapes from the Sony transferred. They're mostly baby video!

Thanks so much for your help!

Lynn

Yes, that converter is an analog to digital converter and will take the Hi8 (or "8") tapes from that camcorder and allow you to capture them.

That Panasonic may have a pass through ability where you connect the old camera to the Panasonic and then connect the Panasonic to your computer using a Firewire connection. In that case, you don't need the A/D converter. Since the Panasonic is already digital, just connect the camera to the computer using a Firewire cable and use Media Import to get the recorded tape onto your computer.

The next question is do you have a good enough computer for it to capture. Please post your computer specs so we can offer some advice.

EDIT :Oops, I can't find if that Panasonic has a Firewire port. If not, you would have to use the software that came with the camera to capture as a AVI or mpg2 file and thne do your editing in Video Wave.

Edit again. Just found it so you can do the capture via Firewire (I.Link) cable. You'll have to buy a good one. Your camera has a 4 pin connector; look at your computer's Firewire (I.Link, IEEE 1394) jack to see if it is 4 pin or 6 pin. Buy accordingly.

Edited by sknis

Sign in to follow this