• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 10.2 Won't Open

Akeakamai

Question

Hello, all.

I need help trying to figure out why this program won't start. It was pre-installed in my new Dell PC and I have the CD as well. My OS is Windows Vista.

I couldn't get the program to start, so I uninstalled it, thinking that the installation wasn't complete. So, I re-installed it. The program still wouldn't start. On both occasions, I got the "Online Registration" window which shows a link to Privacy Policy. The "Online Registration" window cannot be closed. In order for it to close, I have to reboot my PC.

When I click on the Privacy Policy link, it opens my browser to the Roxio home page. I tried to register the software, but it wouldn't accept my CD key. I wrote the key down and tried every possible way to enter the key: caps, no caps, dashes, no dashes, spaces, no spaces. Nothing worked.

At this point, I am more than upset. I am just about ready to uninstall this program, and shred the CD that came with it.

Can anyone help me find out why I keep getting the stupid "Online Registration" window, and why the program won't start?

Thanks a million,

Akeakamai

1 answer to this question

Hello, all.

I need help trying to figure out why this program won't start. It was pre-installed in my new Dell PC and I have the CD as well. My OS is Windows Vista.

I couldn't get the program to start, so I uninstalled it, thinking that the installation wasn't complete. So, I re-installed it. The program still wouldn't start. On both occasions, I got the "Online Registration" window which shows a link to Privacy Policy. The "Online Registration" window cannot be closed. In order for it to close, I have to reboot my PC.

When I click on the Privacy Policy link, it opens my browser to the Roxio home page. I tried to register the software, but it wouldn't accept my CD key. I wrote the key down and tried every possible way to enter the key: caps, no caps, dashes, no dashes, spaces, no spaces. Nothing worked.

At this point, I am more than upset. I am just about ready to uninstall this program, and shred the CD that came with it.

Can anyone help me find out why I keep getting the stupid "Online Registration" window, and why the program won't start?

Thanks a million,

Akeakamai

Did you have antivirus disabled when you installed? If not, it could cause the problem of a bad install.

Do you run Norton, McAfee, or any registry cleaners? If you do, you need to tell them to ignore any Roxio/Sonic entries.

Also, follow the Clean Install instructions, here:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

If you have Vista, scroll down to the bottom of the link, and click on the Vista link.

Edited by grandpabruce