• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installing Audio Capture Support In Spin Doctor

johnpatrick

Question

11 answers to this question

There's at least one other thread about this. I think I recall someone stating they were able to get it installed using the version of Spin Doctor that came with their original Toast 9 purchase and then updated using the one that's included with the 9.0.4 Toast update.

I have the same problem and nothing seems to solve the problem. This is false advertising on the outside of the box!

There's at least one other thread about this. I think I recall someone stating they were able to get it installed using the version of Spin Doctor that came with their original Toast 9 purchase and then updated using the one that's included with the 9.0.4 Toast update.

I had been having trouble with this, and it appears to be fixed now. I did the following 2 things:

1. Install the Feb 2009 update

2. Install the audio capture support from an admin account.

Installing from a non-admin account, even though it prompted for admin credentials during the install, still failed with a permissions error. At least there was an explicit message about it this time.

So I tried installing from an admin account, which worked.

Afterward the audio capture support device still only appeared in the output list in the Sounds preference pane, but it did appear as an input source on the CDSD recording panel, and it did work. I was able to record system audio.

Your mileage may vary, but the above worked for me.

Afterward the audio capture support device still only appeared in the output list in the Sounds preference pane, but it did appear as an input source on the CDSD recording panel, and it did work. I was able to record system audio.

I tried it again and also got it to appear in the CDSD recording panel, but when I select it under Input Devices, everything is grayed out (Play through speakers, Input Source and Recording Quality). The only way I am able to click OK is to change it back to "Built-in Input".

I have never been able to have it appear under Input in the Sound Prefs panel.

Very frustrating.

I tried it again and also got it to appear in the CDSD recording panel, but when I select it under Input Devices, everything is grayed out (Play through speakers, Input Source and Recording Quality). The only way I am able to click OK is to change it back to "Built-in Input".

I have never been able to have it appear under Input in the Sound Prefs panel.

Very frustrating.

When it is selected the play input through speakers is grayed out because you're already playing it via another application. Recording Quality is grayed out because there are no options other than the default. You control the input level via the volume slider in whatever is playing the audio. My sense is it is working on your Mac but you don't have the source volume turned up enough.

When it is selected the play input through speakers is grayed out because you're already playing it via another application. Recording Quality is grayed out because there are no options other than the default. You control the input level via the volume slider in whatever is playing the audio. My sense is it is working on your Mac but you don't have the source volume turned up enough.

Thanks. I didn't have the volume down, but realizing from what you mentioned above, I figured out it does now work.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I didn't have the volume down, but realizing from what you mentioned above, I figured out it does now work.

Thanks again.

Do you have the CDSD Audio Capture showing under the Input tab of the Sound pane in system Preferences? Mine is showing under the Output tab, and I can't capture any system audio.

Do you have the CDSD Audio Capture showing under the Input tab of the Sound pane in system Preferences? Mine is showing under the Output tab, and I can't capture any system audio.

No it still does not show under the Input Tab in System Preferences (only Output), but now with the update, if I select CDSD Audio Capture in CDSD Input Devices and click RECORD ... it works.

Edited by sonpit

Got mine working a day or two after my post. It all looked right (it is supposed to show under the Output tab as other have mentioned), but there was nothing coming through - the level meters didn't move.

Not sure exactly how I fixed it - I did all the usual, repaired disk permissions, ran the daily/weekly/monthly clean-up tasks (sudo periodic daily weekly monthly) and rebooted. It then started working. Strange! Happy with the product now - it works very well.