• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need help burning vlc files on my dvd 8

pmcguireumc@aol.com

Question

I am new at this, so I would appreciate your help. I have run into a problem with the vlc format. While i know it is not one of the "recognized" formats by mc8, is there a way to convert the vlc video files into a recognized format? Of course, I add the caveat that my understanding of computers is limited primarily to word, so if you have a way to help me, remember, itsy bitsy concepts and words. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

I am new at this, so I would appreciate your help. I have run into a problem with the vlc format. While i know it is not one of the "recognized" formats by mc8, is there a way to convert the vlc video files into a recognized format? Of course, I add the caveat that my understanding of computers is limited primarily to word, so if you have a way to help me, remember, itsy bitsy concepts and words. Thanks.

What program created those video files? You would probably have to use that program to convert them.

I have run into a problem with the vlc format. While i know it is not one of the "recognized" formats by mc8, is there a way to convert the vlc video files into a recognized format?

The vlc files were created by the Video Lan program

I have never heard of the program, but if that program can't convert to a different format, do a search of the net, and you may find one that will.

Doing a quick read of the VLC program, it appears that it is a mpeg type wrapper. Can you play that VLC file in any player other than the VLC player? Have you googled for a VLC to mpg converter? My guess is that you don't have the correct codec installed. You might try making sure that you have the latest version of Quicktime installed on your computer. Also try renaming that file to mpg and seeing if that will pick up the video/audio.

Reminder for those in the US

3.3. Is libdvdcss legal?

The use and distribution of the libdvdcss library is controversial in a few countries such as the United States because

of a law called the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act). If you are unsure about the legality of using and

distributing this library in your country, please consult your lawyer.

Note: Beware: VLC media player binaries are distributed with the libdvdcss library included.

I suggest you go to the VLC web site and ask. They seem to have a lot of documentation and a support group.

For someone that is not versed in computers, how did you manage to get this rather obscure (in the US) program on your computer?

I have run into a problem with the vlc format. While i know it is not one of the "recognized" formats by mc8, is there a way to convert the vlc video files into a recognized format?

The vlc files were created by the Video Lan program

Archived