• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 9 Crashes While Editing

Steven027

Question

I have MyDVD9 Studio Premier for a year now and have used it for a couple of times transferring digital video clips to DVD (no editing) without any problem. This is the first time I tried to edit some clips through VideoWave 9 software that was bundled with MyDVD9, but the Video Wave kept on crashing.

Crashes would occur more consistently when I try to split a video clip. The first split often goes well, but the program will stop working on the second split 95% of the time. A message will then appear "VIDEO WAVE 9 HAS STOPPED WORKING - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

My laptop runs on Vista Home Basic with 2GB RAM and Intel Core Duo 1.86GHz processor. DirectX 10 is installed and my video driver is updated. I disabled a lot of start processes and increased the allocated processing power to the software from "normal" to "high", but the problem still persist.

Would appreciate help from anyone especially from the Gurus.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Is there anyone out there who would care answer my query? It's been two weeks since I posted for help and not a single answer from 101 views.

Roxio Customer Care suggested that I seek advice to my problem from this Discussion Group while waiting for a reply from their agent. Two weeks has past since then and not a word from their agent. I emailed to follow-up but there's no answer either. Tried to contact their Roxann but it's no longer available. Wanted to call them but found out that I have to pay to talk to them.

Calling all Gurus! Your assistance will be highly appreciated!

First of all forget DirectX 10 - you need the latest DirectX 9.0c

You didn't say what your graphics are - that has as much a bearing on Videowave as anything else - try chaning to software rendering (in Videowave under tools, options)