• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

MHiggins3

Udf Reader Crashes Windows Xp

Question

I recently bought a VERY expensive digital HD camcorder from Sony - Model HDRSR12E. To transfer the files to the computer the device comes with the "Picture Motion Browser" software along with the "Sonic UDF Reader."

After installing the software I needed to reboot my computer - the operating system is Windows XP and I have the Roxio Media Creator 9 installed as well.

When the computer rebooted Windows started to load - then the screen went blank - and I received an error message stating that there was some kind of memory conflict and that all the memory would be dumped. The computer then got into a cycle of rebooting, dumping the memory, and rebooting again.

I finally had to break in and booted the computer in Safe mood. I then restored it to a previous boot date - actually yesterday's - and I am now able to use the computer again.

However, I still do not have the Picture transfer software set up - and am hesitate to try again.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Mike

mhiggins at csrlink dot net

email address altered to defeat spamming 'bots

Edited by Brendon

4 answers to this question

That sounds very like a Sony problem (an OEM app clashing with installed apps)

UDF reader is only used really when there is packet writing involved (drag to disc, etc) so it could be clashing with the D2D program in EMC 9

What happens if you uninstall that particular app ?

Edited by gi7omy

XP has a built-in UDF reader, Microsoft's udfs.sys. It should be able to read udf discs without any extra reader, unless your camcorder writes some extremely proprietary sort of disc.

Try things without the "Sonic UDF Reader" and see if you can read the discs.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon:

Thank you so much!! I installed the "Picture Motion Browser" without the other programs - such as the UDF reader and everything seems to be working well. I am new the world of digital camcorders and media files and all of this is a bit confusing. One step at a time....

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Mike

XP has a built-in UDF reader, Microsoft's udfs.sys. It should be able to read udf discs without any extra reader, unless your camcorder writes some extremely proprietary sort of disc.

Try things without the "Sonic UDF Reader" and see if you can read the discs.

Regards,

Brendon