• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Time And Date

Mr Borough

Question

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply.

The data must be on the tape. During play back of the tape on my Sony Camcorder, I can turn the time on and off using the menu. When I have used Pinnicle, the storyline video segments have date and time stamp associated with the frame. I would by nice if Roxio auto-magically extracted the data too.

Since Hi8 is analog, there is no way to transfer the date/time unless it is already encoded into the video.

Have no idea how Pinnacle can get date/time from an analog source. Just isn't possible. Are you sure it isn't Digital 8mm? Roxio does preserve the date/time info when capturing Digital 8MM to DV AVI ONLY. IF you capture to MPEG 2, that info is lost because the file format does not support it.

It is cloudy but didn't some old camcorders have an option to include the date/time in the output?

Check the manual.

Yes, but it was actually part of the video and not a separate stream of data. Once recorded in the video, it could not be 'turned on and off' as the poster described. That's why it sounds more like a digital camcorder to me.